Now Dikshit fumbles on Modi, praises Guj govt
Agra/ New Delhi: In further embarrasment for
Congress after its advertisement goof up on Narendra Modi,
Delhi Chief Minister Shiela Dikshit on Tuesday praised Gujarat
government, saying there was no doubt that development was
taking place in that state.
"I am not talking about party. There is no two opinion
that development is taking place in Gujarat and (because of
that) government gets re-elected. Why governments get
re-elected. Why they come again and again. Because they ensure
development," she said, addressing a function.
Even as her remarks created a flutter, her office issued
a statement saying she did not praise any chief minister but
said that only the governments which delivered have been
returned to power.
In her remarks in Agra, she also gave example of Assam
where Congress government has been voted to power for three
"I have given example of Assam also. There also
development is taking place," Dikshit, who led Congress in
Delhi in 2008 for third said consecutive victory, said.
"If there is a benchmark for government in this era, then
it is about ensuring development and growth," said Dikshit.
In sort of self-goal in an election year, the Gujarat
Congress in a Republic Day advertisement in local newspapers
last week had praised Modi.
A pull-out by Congress, distributed with newspapers on
the Republic Day in some parts of the state, featured Modi`s
photograph, and describes him as "a master organiser and
astute election strategist". The state assembly elections are
scheduled to be held in December.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal