Now Dikshit fumbles on Modi, praises Guj govt
Agra/ New Delhi: In further embarrasment for
Congress after its advertisement goof up on Narendra Modi,
Delhi Chief Minister Shiela Dikshit on Tuesday praised Gujarat
government, saying there was no doubt that development was
taking place in that state.
"I am not talking about party. There is no two opinion
that development is taking place in Gujarat and (because of
that) government gets re-elected. Why governments get
re-elected. Why they come again and again. Because they ensure
development," she said, addressing a function.
Even as her remarks created a flutter, her office issued
a statement saying she did not praise any chief minister but
said that only the governments which delivered have been
returned to power.
In her remarks in Agra, she also gave example of Assam
where Congress government has been voted to power for three
"I have given example of Assam also. There also
development is taking place," Dikshit, who led Congress in
Delhi in 2008 for third said consecutive victory, said.
"If there is a benchmark for government in this era, then
it is about ensuring development and growth," said Dikshit.
In sort of self-goal in an election year, the Gujarat
Congress in a Republic Day advertisement in local newspapers
last week had praised Modi.
A pull-out by Congress, distributed with newspapers on
the Republic Day in some parts of the state, featured Modi`s
photograph, and describes him as "a master organiser and
astute election strategist". The state assembly elections are
scheduled to be held in December.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know