Now, minor boy accuses NRI woman of torture
New Delhi: An NRI woman who was arrested on Thursday for allegedly torturing her maid has been booked in another case on charges of having mistreated a juvenile whom she had employed to take care of her ailing mother, police said on Friday.
A case was registered against Arti Jain under Juvenile Justice Act at Pandav Nagar police station after the 16-year-old boy and his mother complained that the former had tortured the boy when he had been in her employ.
"The boy had been hired by Jain to take care of her ailing mother at a private hospital here. In his complaint, the boy said that the US-based NRI woman used to regularly beat him up over petty issues and would even deny him food," said a senior police official. The boy later quit his job with Jain.
Jain, who had come to the city to get her ailing mother treated, was arrested yesterday for allegedly beating up and torturing her maid.
The domestic help was employed by Jain, a resident of Mayur Vihar Phase-I, four months back through a placement agency, police said.
The maid in question has alleged that Jain refused to pay her money and would set her pet dogs on her in order to terrify her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Saif Ali Khan, Rani Mukerji's 'Hum Tum' ticks 12 years!
- Not most fashionable but carry myself well: Fawad Khan
- FIs can obtain self-certification via internet banking: CBDT
- Tata Communications Q4 net loss widens to Rs 205 crore
- Kapil Sharma invites you to unlimited fun with Mika Singh and Chris Gayle at 'The Kapil Sharma Show'!