Now, minor boy accuses NRI woman of torture
New Delhi: An NRI woman who was arrested on Thursday for allegedly torturing her maid has been booked in another case on charges of having mistreated a juvenile whom she had employed to take care of her ailing mother, police said on Friday.
A case was registered against Arti Jain under Juvenile Justice Act at Pandav Nagar police station after the 16-year-old boy and his mother complained that the former had tortured the boy when he had been in her employ.
"The boy had been hired by Jain to take care of her ailing mother at a private hospital here. In his complaint, the boy said that the US-based NRI woman used to regularly beat him up over petty issues and would even deny him food," said a senior police official. The boy later quit his job with Jain.
Jain, who had come to the city to get her ailing mother treated, was arrested yesterday for allegedly beating up and torturing her maid.
The domestic help was employed by Jain, a resident of Mayur Vihar Phase-I, four months back through a placement agency, police said.
The maid in question has alleged that Jain refused to pay her money and would set her pet dogs on her in order to terrify her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why