Now, pay more to use DND flyway
Noida: Almost four months after withdrawing the toll hike, the Noida Toll Bridge Co will from Monday onwards re-implement the new rates on the 22-km Delhi-Noida Direct (DND) flyway.
From midnight, the new rates will be: Rs 12 for two-wheelers, Rs 25 for four-wheelers, Rs 55 for light vehicles and Rs 70 for heavy vehicles.
According to Noida Toll Bridge Company spokesperson Anwar Abbasi, "The toll is supposed to be increased every year according to the consumer price index. However this time, we have revised it after a gap of two years."
On November 18, protests by the Bharatiya Kisan Union and several RWAs had pushed the flyway operator to withdraw the hike in toll rates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!