Now, recharge Metro smart cards online
New Delhi: In a bid to ease ticketing and recharge facilities for commuters, Delhi Metro on Thursday launched online recharge facility for smart card users.
"With this new facility, commuters will now be able to top up their smart cards using debit or credit cards. However, recharge using net-banking facility is not available yet," a DMRC official said.
After completing the top up process, the commuters will be able to check if their recharge was successful via Ticket Reader-cum-Add Value machines.
The first Ticket Reader-cum-Add Value machine was inaugurated today at the Barakhamba Road Metro station by DMRC Managing Director Mangu Singh.
Thirty-nine such touch-screen machines have been installed at 13 Metro stations -- Dilshad Garden, Shahadara, Welcome, Seelampur, Shastri Park, Pragati Maidan, Karkardooma, Nirman Vihar, Laxmi Nagar, Barakhamba Road, R K Ashram Marg, Jhandewalan and Rajendra Place, he said.
About a hundred such machines will be installed in the coming month, Singh said.
The machines will also provide commuters with information about balance in the smart card, last recharge details and the last five entry-exit transactions.
At present, about 69.75 per cent of Metro commuters use smart cards and about 17,000 smart cards are sold every day from various stations of the network.
Currently, one crore Metro cards have been issued and are in circulation.
DMRC has partnered with ICICI Bank for the launch of this online automated fare collection process and the bank has integrated its payment gateway with the two websites for recharging smart cards through the Internet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31