Now, recharge Metro smart cards online
New Delhi: In a bid to ease ticketing and recharge facilities for commuters, Delhi Metro on Thursday launched online recharge facility for smart card users.
"With this new facility, commuters will now be able to top up their smart cards using debit or credit cards. However, recharge using net-banking facility is not available yet," a DMRC official said.
After completing the top up process, the commuters will be able to check if their recharge was successful via Ticket Reader-cum-Add Value machines.
The first Ticket Reader-cum-Add Value machine was inaugurated today at the Barakhamba Road Metro station by DMRC Managing Director Mangu Singh.
Thirty-nine such touch-screen machines have been installed at 13 Metro stations -- Dilshad Garden, Shahadara, Welcome, Seelampur, Shastri Park, Pragati Maidan, Karkardooma, Nirman Vihar, Laxmi Nagar, Barakhamba Road, R K Ashram Marg, Jhandewalan and Rajendra Place, he said.
About a hundred such machines will be installed in the coming month, Singh said.
The machines will also provide commuters with information about balance in the smart card, last recharge details and the last five entry-exit transactions.
At present, about 69.75 per cent of Metro commuters use smart cards and about 17,000 smart cards are sold every day from various stations of the network.
Currently, one crore Metro cards have been issued and are in circulation.
DMRC has partnered with ICICI Bank for the launch of this online automated fare collection process and the bank has integrated its payment gateway with the two websites for recharging smart cards through the Internet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'