Now, recharge your Metro smart card at the click of a button
New Delhi: Delhi Metro commuters will now be able to avoid queues to recharge their `Smart Cards` as they can do it at the click of a button.
The first `Add Value Machine` for recharge of Smart Cards, developed by an Indian company as part of technology transfer from Korea`s Samsung SDS, was installed at the Central Secretariat Metro Station on Friday.
The touch screen based machine does not need an operator and accepts bank notes thereby recharging the Smart Card.
After recharge, the machine will generate receipt showing total balance in the card, a DMRC spokesman said, adding that only Rs 100 currency note will be accepted for now.
"This machine will help passengers to get their Smart Cards recharged without standing in a queue at Customer Care Centre. This machine is connected to the existing Fare Collection System of DMRC and can be monitored from the station or Operation Control Centre," the spokesman said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times