Now, special watch on other gang-rape accused
New Delhi: A special watch has been mounted on the four others accused in the Delhi gang-rape in Tihar Jail following the alleged suicide of the main accused, an official said Tuesday.
"They are on special watch and an officer has been deputed to keep a tab on their activities," a jail official told a news agency requesting anonymity.
"We are focussing a CCTV camera on their cell to increase surveillance on them," he added.
The watch is meant to prevent the four from causing possible harm to themselves, the official said.
Two of the rapists, Pawan, 19, and Akshay, 29, are held in Jail No. 4 of Tihar Jail while Vinay, 20, and Mukesh, 26, are in Jail No. 7.
Mukesh is the younger brother of Ram Singh, who allegedly hanged himself in his cell Monday morning.
The officer ruled out the possibility of threat to the gang-rape accused from other prisoners.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'