NRHM scam: CBI files 2 charge sheets; names minister
Ghaziabad: CBI has filed charge sheets in two cases related to the National Rural Health Mission scam against former Uttar Pradesh minister Babu Singh Kushwaha and the ex-secretary Pradeep Shukla at a special court here.
After nearly year-long investigations, CBI filed charge sheet against Kushwaha, Shukla and some officials of Processing & Construction Cooperative Federation Ltd (PACCFED) for allegedly causing a loss of Rs 16.93 crore to the exchequer in upgrading 89 district hospitals under centrally-sponsored NRHM.
CBI claimed a sum of Rs 89 crore at the rate of Rs 1 crore per hospital was approved under NRHM for 2010-11 for upgrading the 89 hospitals.
The agency alleged that Shukla, who is on bail, and Kushwaha, now in judicial custody, entered into criminal conspiracy with other officials of the health department, PACCFED, an MLA and businessman Saurabh Jain for awarding contracts relating to installation of modular OTs and AC units in 44 hospitals on the basis of forged documents in return for hefty commission.
"After award of work orders in respect of 44 hospitals, the accused officials of PACCFED also released Rs 16.93 crore to a Gujraula-based private company without receipt of any material or goods in any of the hospitals and showed in the records as if the payment was made against receipt of goods and materials," CBI spokesperson alleged in a statement.
In another case, CBI alleged that Kushwaha and Shukla entered in criminal conspiracy with former MLA R P Jaiswal, Uttar Pradesh Project Corporation Ltd officials and a private firm to cheat the NRHM funds for upgrading 36 district level hospitals on the basis of forged documents.
"The involvement of accused persons and private firm resulted not only in derailment of the scheme meant for the needy and weaker sections of the society but also caused a loss of Rs 6 crore to the government exchequer," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog