NRI found dead in Delhi
New Delhi: A 70-year-old Canada-based NRI was found dead under mysterious circumstances last evening in his Shivaji Enclave flat in west Delhi, police said on Saturday.
The deceased has been identified as Harjeet Singh whose body was spotted by his neighbour at around 8 pm who then informed police.
"Hands and legs of the deceased were tied with a rope. However, there were no external injuries on his body. It seems that he was strangled or smothered. It doesn`t look like that he was killed for robbery as there were no signs of ransacking in the house," said a police official.
It seems the murderers knew Singh as there are no signs of a forced entry in the house where he had been living for the last six years. We have registered a case and are waiting for his postmortem report. We have also constituted five teams of different police stations to investigate the case, he said.
Singh`s wife lives in Canada and she has been informed. His source of income was the rent he used to get from his other flat and from the money he got from a taxi being run in a travel agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Hero launches 17 cycles, price starts Rs 7,000
- Full List: 10 wealthiest countries in the world; India at 7th place
- Father arrested for sexually abusing 2 minor girls
- New global migration map may help fight malaria
- 7th CPC: Committee of Secretaries on Allowances to meet on September 1; invites employees' unions for talks