NRI found dead in Delhi
New Delhi: A 70-year-old Canada-based NRI was found dead under mysterious circumstances last evening in his Shivaji Enclave flat in west Delhi, police said on Saturday.
The deceased has been identified as Harjeet Singh whose body was spotted by his neighbour at around 8 pm who then informed police.
"Hands and legs of the deceased were tied with a rope. However, there were no external injuries on his body. It seems that he was strangled or smothered. It doesn`t look like that he was killed for robbery as there were no signs of ransacking in the house," said a police official.
It seems the murderers knew Singh as there are no signs of a forced entry in the house where he had been living for the last six years. We have registered a case and are waiting for his postmortem report. We have also constituted five teams of different police stations to investigate the case, he said.
Singh`s wife lives in Canada and she has been informed. His source of income was the rent he used to get from his other flat and from the money he got from a taxi being run in a travel agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees