NRI found dead in Delhi
New Delhi: A 70-year-old Canada-based NRI was found dead under mysterious circumstances last evening in his Shivaji Enclave flat in west Delhi, police said on Saturday.
The deceased has been identified as Harjeet Singh whose body was spotted by his neighbour at around 8 pm who then informed police.
"Hands and legs of the deceased were tied with a rope. However, there were no external injuries on his body. It seems that he was strangled or smothered. It doesn`t look like that he was killed for robbery as there were no signs of ransacking in the house," said a police official.
It seems the murderers knew Singh as there are no signs of a forced entry in the house where he had been living for the last six years. We have registered a case and are waiting for his postmortem report. We have also constituted five teams of different police stations to investigate the case, he said.
Singh`s wife lives in Canada and she has been informed. His source of income was the rent he used to get from his other flat and from the money he got from a taxi being run in a travel agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre