NRI found dead in Delhi
New Delhi: A 70-year-old Canada-based NRI was found dead under mysterious circumstances last evening in his Shivaji Enclave flat in west Delhi, police said on Saturday.
The deceased has been identified as Harjeet Singh whose body was spotted by his neighbour at around 8 pm who then informed police.
"Hands and legs of the deceased were tied with a rope. However, there were no external injuries on his body. It seems that he was strangled or smothered. It doesn`t look like that he was killed for robbery as there were no signs of ransacking in the house," said a police official.
It seems the murderers knew Singh as there are no signs of a forced entry in the house where he had been living for the last six years. We have registered a case and are waiting for his postmortem report. We have also constituted five teams of different police stations to investigate the case, he said.
Singh`s wife lives in Canada and she has been informed. His source of income was the rent he used to get from his other flat and from the money he got from a taxi being run in a travel agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Five killed as house collapses in Andhra Pradesh
- Here’s why Lord Shiva is also known as Neelkantha
- Ravichandran Ashwin replaces Yashir Shah at the top of ICC bowler rankings
- Hubble peers into the core of a starburst galaxy – See pic!
- JuD medical team wants to visit Kashmir to treat injured, applies for Indian visa