NRI student death: Anmol Sarna was sexually assaulted, says family
New Delhi: Family members and dozens of friends of NRI student Anmol Sarna Sunday staged a protest outside Kalkaji Police Station here demanding a CBI inquiry into his death and alleged that he was sexually assaulted before his death.
Sarna, 21, died September 13 after allegedly consuming drugs at a party in a friend`s flat and being beaten up by two security guards in a south Delhi apartments complex.
Anmol`s father Anil Sarna said, "Police are not trying to investigate why Anmol tried to run away from the building."
"Police are saying he died because of drugs... why are they not investigating the reason behind the three-inch cut on his head, found in the post mortem," he said.
Anmol died in a hospital where he was taken after being found bleeding and unconscious in South Park Apartments complex.
He was allegedly beaten up by two security guards when he created ruckus after taking a drug overdose at the party.
His autopsy said he died due to shock and haemorrhage caused by head injuries. There were injuries on his private parts also.
Sarna, who completed his high school from New York, was to return to Canada for further studies but died after the drug party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP