NRI student death: Anmol Sarna was sexually assaulted, says family
New Delhi: Family members and dozens of friends of NRI student Anmol Sarna Sunday staged a protest outside Kalkaji Police Station here demanding a CBI inquiry into his death and alleged that he was sexually assaulted before his death.
Sarna, 21, died September 13 after allegedly consuming drugs at a party in a friend`s flat and being beaten up by two security guards in a south Delhi apartments complex.
Anmol`s father Anil Sarna said, "Police are not trying to investigate why Anmol tried to run away from the building."
"Police are saying he died because of drugs... why are they not investigating the reason behind the three-inch cut on his head, found in the post mortem," he said.
Anmol died in a hospital where he was taken after being found bleeding and unconscious in South Park Apartments complex.
He was allegedly beaten up by two security guards when he created ruckus after taking a drug overdose at the party.
His autopsy said he died due to shock and haemorrhage caused by head injuries. There were injuries on his private parts also.
Sarna, who completed his high school from New York, was to return to Canada for further studies but died after the drug party.
- Check nbsenagaland.com, nagaland.gov.in for Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) Result 2016
- Rahul Gandhi as UP CM? Twitteratis had a blast
- VVIP chopper deal: After CBI, SP Tyagi to be questioned by Enforcement Directorate
- Nagaland HSSLC (Class 12) Result 2016, NBSE 12th Class Result 2016 announced; check nbsenagaland.com, nagaland.gov.in
- WATCH: Kolkata Knight Riders skipper Gautam Gambhir kicks a chair to celebrate team's win over Royal Challengers Bangalore