NRI student`s death: Police say Anmol consumed drugs, father alleges cover-up
Zee Media Bureau/Kamna Arora
New Delhi: A day after claiming to have unravelled the mystery shrouding the death of Anmol Sarna, the Delhi police on Tuesday said that the NRI student from New York was high on drugs and banged his head against an iron gate, which resulted in his death.
The police had on Monday arrested four friends of Sarna and two security guards of the house where the youth and the others were partying on Friday night before the incident.
Revealing the details of the case, the Delhi police on Tuesday said that Sarna went into violent frenzy after consuming drugs and banged his head on wall. The guards were called to control him and in a scuffle, Sarna received a head injury, which resulted in his death.
The police, however, said that guards had no intention to kill Sarna.
The four friends of Sarna have been arrested for consuming drugs under Section 27 of the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act.
The Delhi police`s claim has not gone down well with the father of Sarna, who alleges that his son never consumed drugs.
He added that the guards have been framed in the case and police are shielding the accused and called for a CBI probe into the incident.
He, however, added that there was a possibility that Sarna was forced to consume drugs by his friends at the party.
In Kalkaji, over 200 people had carried out a candlelight vigil outside the police station before the arrests were made. The protest was led by Sarna`s father, Anil Sarna.
Sarna, who completed his high school from New York and was living in Greater Kailash in south Delhi, was found in a pool of blood on late Friday night outside Southpark Apartment in the nearby Kalkaji area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day