NRI student`s death: Police say Anmol consumed drugs, father alleges cover-up
Zee Media Bureau/Kamna Arora
New Delhi: A day after claiming to have unravelled the mystery shrouding the death of Anmol Sarna, the Delhi police on Tuesday said that the NRI student from New York was high on drugs and banged his head against an iron gate, which resulted in his death.
The police had on Monday arrested four friends of Sarna and two security guards of the house where the youth and the others were partying on Friday night before the incident.
Revealing the details of the case, the Delhi police on Tuesday said that Sarna went into violent frenzy after consuming drugs and banged his head on wall. The guards were called to control him and in a scuffle, Sarna received a head injury, which resulted in his death.
The police, however, said that guards had no intention to kill Sarna.
The four friends of Sarna have been arrested for consuming drugs under Section 27 of the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act.
The Delhi police`s claim has not gone down well with the father of Sarna, who alleges that his son never consumed drugs.
He added that the guards have been framed in the case and police are shielding the accused and called for a CBI probe into the incident.
He, however, added that there was a possibility that Sarna was forced to consume drugs by his friends at the party.
In Kalkaji, over 200 people had carried out a candlelight vigil outside the police station before the arrests were made. The protest was led by Sarna`s father, Anil Sarna.
Sarna, who completed his high school from New York and was living in Greater Kailash in south Delhi, was found in a pool of blood on late Friday night outside Southpark Apartment in the nearby Kalkaji area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’