NRI student`s death: Police say Anmol consumed drugs, father alleges cover-up
Zee Media Bureau/Kamna Arora
New Delhi: A day after claiming to have unravelled the mystery shrouding the death of Anmol Sarna, the Delhi police on Tuesday said that the NRI student from New York was high on drugs and banged his head against an iron gate, which resulted in his death.
The police had on Monday arrested four friends of Sarna and two security guards of the house where the youth and the others were partying on Friday night before the incident.
Revealing the details of the case, the Delhi police on Tuesday said that Sarna went into violent frenzy after consuming drugs and banged his head on wall. The guards were called to control him and in a scuffle, Sarna received a head injury, which resulted in his death.
The police, however, said that guards had no intention to kill Sarna.
The four friends of Sarna have been arrested for consuming drugs under Section 27 of the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act.
The Delhi police`s claim has not gone down well with the father of Sarna, who alleges that his son never consumed drugs.
He added that the guards have been framed in the case and police are shielding the accused and called for a CBI probe into the incident.
He, however, added that there was a possibility that Sarna was forced to consume drugs by his friends at the party.
In Kalkaji, over 200 people had carried out a candlelight vigil outside the police station before the arrests were made. The protest was led by Sarna`s father, Anil Sarna.
Sarna, who completed his high school from New York and was living in Greater Kailash in south Delhi, was found in a pool of blood on late Friday night outside Southpark Apartment in the nearby Kalkaji area.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!