NRI student`s death: Two guards granted bails
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Monday granted bails to the two security guards arrested in connection with the death of NRI student Anmol Sarna as it observed that the victim`s injuries were self-inflicted.
Additional Sessions Judge Rajender Kumar Shastri allowed bails for Surender Bali and Naresh Mishra and ordered their release. The duo had been arrested for allegedly assaulting Anmol, leading to his death.
"Investigating Officer present in court admits he has seen the CCTV footage which shows the victim... Banging his head against a wall as well as with the iron gate at the (housing) society.
"Keeping in view the facts mentioned above and also that the applicants (Surender and Naresh) are in judicial courtesy since Sept. 14, both are (to be given) bail on their furnishing a personal bond for a sum of Rs 25,000 each with one surety of the like amount," the court said.
The court had earlier granted interim bails till Nov 6 to four of Anmol`s friends who are accused in the case - Madhav Bhandari, Pranil Shah, Shivank Gambhir and Ritham Girhotra, all youths in their 20s.
Anmol died under mysterious circumstances following a party, during which drugs were consumed, on the intervening night of Sept. 13 and 14 at a friend`s residence in South Park Apartments at Kalkaji here.
Nine persons were arrested in connection with the case of murder and consumption of narcotics.
Initially, police had arrested six persons: the two security guards, who have been accused of the murder, and the four friends, who have been booked for murder as also under various provisions of the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL