NRI student`s death: Two guards granted bails
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Monday granted bails to the two security guards arrested in connection with the death of NRI student Anmol Sarna as it observed that the victim`s injuries were self-inflicted.
Additional Sessions Judge Rajender Kumar Shastri allowed bails for Surender Bali and Naresh Mishra and ordered their release. The duo had been arrested for allegedly assaulting Anmol, leading to his death.
"Investigating Officer present in court admits he has seen the CCTV footage which shows the victim... Banging his head against a wall as well as with the iron gate at the (housing) society.
"Keeping in view the facts mentioned above and also that the applicants (Surender and Naresh) are in judicial courtesy since Sept. 14, both are (to be given) bail on their furnishing a personal bond for a sum of Rs 25,000 each with one surety of the like amount," the court said.
The court had earlier granted interim bails till Nov 6 to four of Anmol`s friends who are accused in the case - Madhav Bhandari, Pranil Shah, Shivank Gambhir and Ritham Girhotra, all youths in their 20s.
Anmol died under mysterious circumstances following a party, during which drugs were consumed, on the intervening night of Sept. 13 and 14 at a friend`s residence in South Park Apartments at Kalkaji here.
Nine persons were arrested in connection with the case of murder and consumption of narcotics.
Initially, police had arrested six persons: the two security guards, who have been accused of the murder, and the four friends, who have been booked for murder as also under various provisions of the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India