NRI youth`s murder case: Six accused remanded in judicial custody
New Delhi: Six persons arrested in connection with the murder of 24-year-old NRI student Anmol Sarna after a party on the night of September 17 were today remanded back in judicial custody by a Delhi court.
Metropolitan Magistrate Deepak Wason sent Anmol`s friends -- Shivank Gambhir, Madhav Bhandari, Pranil Shah and Ritham Girhotra, who all were partying together, to Tihar jail till October 14.
The court also remanded Surender Bali (40) and Naresh Mishra (60), who were deployed as a security guards at the South Park Apartments in Kalkaji area here, in judicial custody till October 14.
The six were produced today on expiry of their 14 days judicial remand.
Earlier, the court had denied them bail, saying the probe is at an initial stage and the allegations against the six are very serious in nature.
Nine persons have been arrested in connection with the case of murder and consumption of narcotics.
Initially, the police had arrested six persons, including the two guards who have been accused of the murder, whereas the four friends, have been booked under various provisions of the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act.
Later on September 20, the police had arrested three more persons for allegedly helping the NRI`s friends in procuring drugs consumed during the party night, who were later granted bail.
According to the police, Anmol was murdered after a scuffle at a farewell party at Pranil`s Kalkaji flat on September 17 night.
The police had said that Anmol and his friends had consumed drugs in Pranil`s bedroom around 9 PM. Around midnight, as the drugs took effect, Anmol allegedly started screaming and turned violent, smashing an LCD television set and damaging some other articles, it had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report