NSG commando arrested for drug trade
New Delhi: An NSG commando, who claimed
to have been part of the strike team during the 26/11 attacks,
was arrested here along with an accomplice for allegedly
indulging in drug trade and 26 kg of a banned hypnotic drug
with street value of Rs one crore seized, police said on Friday.
Kuldeep, 27, who hails from Alwar in Rajasthan and
Naresh were apprehended from South Delhi`s Saket late Tuesday
night following a tip off, a senior police official said.
"940 grams of Methaqualone, a sedative-hypnotic drug
that is similar in effect to barbiturates, a general central
nervous system depressant, was recovered from them. Another 25
kg of the drug was seized from Delhi and Gurgaon," he said.
Delhi Police has informed the NSG about the arrest of
the commando, who is believed to have been part of a team
which was assigned to battle terrorists who attacked Mumbai in
Investigators believe that the banned contraband was
processed in Pakistan and was to be delivered to a city-based
high profile drug dealer. A case under sections 22, 25 and 29
of Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act.
"A policeman received an information that two men,
including an NSG commando, would come there to deliver the
contraband. He informed his senior officials and a raiding
team in plain clothes laid a trap," the official said.
Kuldeep was on a motorcycle bearing a Rajasthan
registration number while Naresh was riding another motorcycle
with Haryana registration number.
The commando told the police that he was part of
various NSG teams involved in fighting terrorists. "It was his
wish to have quick money that drove him into drug trade," the
While arresting them, the official said, the duo were
given an option by police to go through a physical checking
process either in front of them or before a Magistrate.
"They agreed to a frisking by police. During frisking,
a plastic bag was found from Kuldeep’s possession and inside
it a golden colour packet that contained white colour powder,
which later turned out to be Methaqualone," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27