NSG commando arrested for drug trade
New Delhi: An NSG commando, who claimed
to have been part of the strike team during the 26/11 attacks,
was arrested here along with an accomplice for allegedly
indulging in drug trade and 26 kg of a banned hypnotic drug
with street value of Rs one crore seized, police said on Friday.
Kuldeep, 27, who hails from Alwar in Rajasthan and
Naresh were apprehended from South Delhi`s Saket late Tuesday
night following a tip off, a senior police official said.
"940 grams of Methaqualone, a sedative-hypnotic drug
that is similar in effect to barbiturates, a general central
nervous system depressant, was recovered from them. Another 25
kg of the drug was seized from Delhi and Gurgaon," he said.
Delhi Police has informed the NSG about the arrest of
the commando, who is believed to have been part of a team
which was assigned to battle terrorists who attacked Mumbai in
Investigators believe that the banned contraband was
processed in Pakistan and was to be delivered to a city-based
high profile drug dealer. A case under sections 22, 25 and 29
of Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act.
"A policeman received an information that two men,
including an NSG commando, would come there to deliver the
contraband. He informed his senior officials and a raiding
team in plain clothes laid a trap," the official said.
Kuldeep was on a motorcycle bearing a Rajasthan
registration number while Naresh was riding another motorcycle
with Haryana registration number.
The commando told the police that he was part of
various NSG teams involved in fighting terrorists. "It was his
wish to have quick money that drove him into drug trade," the
While arresting them, the official said, the duo were
given an option by police to go through a physical checking
process either in front of them or before a Magistrate.
"They agreed to a frisking by police. During frisking,
a plastic bag was found from Kuldeep’s possession and inside
it a golden colour packet that contained white colour powder,
which later turned out to be Methaqualone," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam