NSUI sweeps DUSU polls, ABVP creates ruckus
New Delhi: Congress affiliated National Students’` Union Of India (NSUI) on Saturday comprehensively outdid Bharatiya Janata Party’s (BJP) Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) in the Delhi University Students Unions (DUSU) elections.
Arun Hooda and Varun Khari, both from NSUI, have been elected as the new President and Vice President respectively.
Hooda beat ABVP`s Ankit Dhananjay Chaudhary and Khari edged out Gaurav Chaudhary to grab the posts.
NSUI`s Raveena Choudhary and ABVP`s Vishu Basoya were tied for the position of Joint Secretary.
NSUI has raised the issue of Unmukt Chand`s attendance and providing better facilities to students who bring glory to the country by participating in high levels of competitions, along with those who participate in other co-curricular activities and NCC.
Among the major issues that NSUI raised in this year`s election is the demand to introduce evening classes in all Delhi University colleges and faculties.
Currently only the Law faculty and a few colleges in the South campus have this provision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"