NSUI sweeps DUSU polls, ABVP creates ruckus
New Delhi: Congress affiliated National Students’` Union Of India (NSUI) on Saturday comprehensively outdid Bharatiya Janata Party’s (BJP) Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) in the Delhi University Students Unions (DUSU) elections.
Arun Hooda and Varun Khari, both from NSUI, have been elected as the new President and Vice President respectively.
Hooda beat ABVP`s Ankit Dhananjay Chaudhary and Khari edged out Gaurav Chaudhary to grab the posts.
NSUI`s Raveena Choudhary and ABVP`s Vishu Basoya were tied for the position of Joint Secretary.
NSUI has raised the issue of Unmukt Chand`s attendance and providing better facilities to students who bring glory to the country by participating in high levels of competitions, along with those who participate in other co-curricular activities and NCC.
Among the major issues that NSUI raised in this year`s election is the demand to introduce evening classes in all Delhi University colleges and faculties.
Currently only the Law faculty and a few colleges in the South campus have this provision.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India