Number of Delhi Janta Dal (U) members join BJP
New Delhi: A number of leaders of Delhi unit of Janta Dal (United) on Tuesday joined BJP along with their supporters.
Speaking on the occasion, Delhi BJP chief Harsh Vardhan claimed that this is the first Lok Sabha elections after 66 years of India`s independence in which the people of the country have decided that this time they will ensure that BJP comes to power at Centre.
"The entire country is united and there is panic among the opposition parties. People are desperate to give their leadership to Narendra Modi," he said.
The JD (U) leaders who joined BJP include Diwakar Jha - chief general secretary, Surendra Gupta, Sunil Kashyap - General Secretary, Roopesh Rajan, Srinath Jha - Secretary, Dushyant Jha, Arvind Chaudhary, Bhuwanji Jha - district resident and Mahila Morcha vice president Poonam Jha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city