Number of Delhi Janta Dal (U) members join BJP
New Delhi: A number of leaders of Delhi unit of Janta Dal (United) on Tuesday joined BJP along with their supporters.
Speaking on the occasion, Delhi BJP chief Harsh Vardhan claimed that this is the first Lok Sabha elections after 66 years of India`s independence in which the people of the country have decided that this time they will ensure that BJP comes to power at Centre.
"The entire country is united and there is panic among the opposition parties. People are desperate to give their leadership to Narendra Modi," he said.
The JD (U) leaders who joined BJP include Diwakar Jha - chief general secretary, Surendra Gupta, Sunil Kashyap - General Secretary, Roopesh Rajan, Srinath Jha - Secretary, Dushyant Jha, Arvind Chaudhary, Bhuwanji Jha - district resident and Mahila Morcha vice president Poonam Jha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- Amnesty row: Karnataka Home Minister G Parameshwara takes U-turn, denies giving clean-chit
- Volkswagen cuts 28,000 workers' hours over supply woes
- 1% TCS on cash buy not to apply on embassies, UN bodies, Govt depts
- Rio Olympics: Pele congratulates Brazil on football gold
- Handful of vested interests inciting trouble in Kashmir: J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti