Number of Delhi Janta Dal (U) members join BJP
New Delhi: A number of leaders of Delhi unit of Janta Dal (United) on Tuesday joined BJP along with their supporters.
Speaking on the occasion, Delhi BJP chief Harsh Vardhan claimed that this is the first Lok Sabha elections after 66 years of India`s independence in which the people of the country have decided that this time they will ensure that BJP comes to power at Centre.
"The entire country is united and there is panic among the opposition parties. People are desperate to give their leadership to Narendra Modi," he said.
The JD (U) leaders who joined BJP include Diwakar Jha - chief general secretary, Surendra Gupta, Sunil Kashyap - General Secretary, Roopesh Rajan, Srinath Jha - Secretary, Dushyant Jha, Arvind Chaudhary, Bhuwanji Jha - district resident and Mahila Morcha vice president Poonam Jha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir?
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir? Part II
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir? Part III
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- SC orders medical board in abnormal foetus case
- Obama vows support for Germany after Munich shooting
- Islamic State supporters hail deadly Munich shooting on social media
- 1st Test, Day 2 Report: Kohli double ton, Ashwin century put India in charge against West Indies
- Silicon Valley leads avalanche of quarterly reports