Number of Delhi Janta Dal (U) members join BJP
New Delhi: A number of leaders of Delhi unit of Janta Dal (United) on Tuesday joined BJP along with their supporters.
Speaking on the occasion, Delhi BJP chief Harsh Vardhan claimed that this is the first Lok Sabha elections after 66 years of India`s independence in which the people of the country have decided that this time they will ensure that BJP comes to power at Centre.
"The entire country is united and there is panic among the opposition parties. People are desperate to give their leadership to Narendra Modi," he said.
The JD (U) leaders who joined BJP include Diwakar Jha - chief general secretary, Surendra Gupta, Sunil Kashyap - General Secretary, Roopesh Rajan, Srinath Jha - Secretary, Dushyant Jha, Arvind Chaudhary, Bhuwanji Jha - district resident and Mahila Morcha vice president Poonam Jha.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory