Nurse found hanging in girl`s hostel
New Delhi: A 20-year-old trainee nurse in a
government hospital here was Friday found hanging in her room
in a girls` hostel, police said.
Vineeta Chauhan, a resident of New Ashok Nagar area of
east Delhi, was in the third year of the nurse training course
in Guru Tegh Bahadur Hospital. She was found hanging in her
hostel room by her roommate shortly after midnight.
Police received a call at around 2 AM.
Her roommate had gone to her room at around 12.15 AM and
found the door locked from inside.
"She knocked the door but there was no response. She then
called other inmates and the warden of the hostel. A guard
managed to enter the room through a window and found Vineeta
hanging," a senior police official said.
A suicide note addressed to her father, who works in the
Union Home Ministry, has been recovered in which it is
written that she did not wish to stay in the hostel and he
should have taken her home. The note also mentions the names
of three boys, the official said.
However, she has not blamed anybody for taking the
extreme step. She has asked two boys to join the nursing
course while for the third, she has written that she missed
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje