Nurse kills son, wife of lover in Delhi
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In a sordid end to an extramarital affair, a lady killed her three-and-a-half-year-old son and the wife of her lover in West Delhi`s Moti Nagar, and later attacked her daughter and injured herself.
According to reports, Reena Taneja (44), at around 2:00 pm, arrived at the house of Sudesh Kumar (36), a married woman she suspected of having an affair with her husband Manoj, a builder, and engaged in a heated argument.
Sudesh`s husband, Anil Kumar, is the chief of corporate communications at a leading English newspaper. She was at home with her toddler son Aarav and daughter at the time.
Police officers probing the case said that a scuffle ensued after Reena came to Sudesh`s house.
"During the argument, Sudesh attacked Reena with a sharp-edged weapon that led to the latter`s death. Later, Sudesh stabbed her own son Aarav, 3, daughter Komal, 17, and herself," Deputy Commissioner of Police Ranveer Singh told a news agency.
"Sudesh attacked her own son and daughter because she was afraid as to who would take care of them after her death," said the officer.
Singh said neighbours learnt about the stabbing incident around 2:40 pm when they heard Komal screaming for help in her balcony.
"The neighbours informed police as Komal was bleeding," said Singh.
By the time police arrived at the spot, the toddler and Reena had died.
A note has also been found, allegedly scribbled by Sudesh, which stated that Aarav was Manoj’s son, not Anil’s. The letter had reportedly been written in blood by Sudesh after she stabbed Reena to death and slit her son`s throat with a surgical knife.
Sudesh, a nurse with Delhi government’s Acharya Shree Bhikshu Government Hospital, wanted Manoj to marry her but the latter believed that it would now be difficult for Aarav to accept him as his father.
"Sudesh and Komal were admitted to the All India Institute of Medical Sciences where they are battling for life," Singh said.
The officer confirmed that police came to know about the sequence of events from Sudesh who gave a statement before being hospitalised.
Talking to a news agency, Sudesh`s husband, Anil, said he was in office at the time of the incident.
"I reached hospital after getting information. My daughter Komal told me that Reena had first attacked her mother. When she tried to intervene, the woman also stabbed her," Anil told the agency.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead