Nursery admission: 1st list out, wait for 2nd begins
New Delhi: As the first list of children
selected for nursery admission was released by city schools
on Wednesday, it brought joy to the lucky parents whose tiny tots
could make the cut and heart break to thousands of others.
Unable to make it in the first attempt, parents are now
waiting for the second list which will be released later this
Asked about the nursery admission process, Education
Minister Arvinder Singh Lovely said not a single child
would be left without getting admission.
"We will ensure that each and every child in the city
gets admission in nursery class," he said.
The first list shows that most of the schools preferred
children with points in sibling or alumni category, a trend
that reduced the chances of admission of kids in the general
However, experts and principals have advised parents not
to get disheartened and wait for the second list.
"There is always a chance in the second list as many kids
who are selected in multiple schools will create vacancies in
some schools," said Sumit Vohra, founder of popular parents
"If your ward got selected in a school which is not of
your choice. Don`t waste time, get the admission done first
and then wait for the second list. The basic rule of nursery
admission is to block a seat," he said.
Ashok Pandey, Principal of Ahlcon International School in
Mayur Vihar, concurred and said," Parents should deposit the
fees in the first school their child has been selected. If a
school of their choice still has vacancy, they may switch to
According to the rules by Directorate of Education, a
school has to refund the fees within a month if one withdraws
from it after deducting the registration fee and one month`s
The results of first list also showed that many schools
have chosen draw of lots for selecting children even as they
adopted a points system.
The second list will be out by February 28 and the whole
admission process, which began with the selling of forms on
January 2, has to be completed before March 31, as per the DoE
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi