Nursery admission: 1st list out, wait for 2nd begins
New Delhi: As the first list of children
selected for nursery admission was released by city schools
on Wednesday, it brought joy to the lucky parents whose tiny tots
could make the cut and heart break to thousands of others.
Unable to make it in the first attempt, parents are now
waiting for the second list which will be released later this
Asked about the nursery admission process, Education
Minister Arvinder Singh Lovely said not a single child
would be left without getting admission.
"We will ensure that each and every child in the city
gets admission in nursery class," he said.
The first list shows that most of the schools preferred
children with points in sibling or alumni category, a trend
that reduced the chances of admission of kids in the general
However, experts and principals have advised parents not
to get disheartened and wait for the second list.
"There is always a chance in the second list as many kids
who are selected in multiple schools will create vacancies in
some schools," said Sumit Vohra, founder of popular parents
"If your ward got selected in a school which is not of
your choice. Don`t waste time, get the admission done first
and then wait for the second list. The basic rule of nursery
admission is to block a seat," he said.
Ashok Pandey, Principal of Ahlcon International School in
Mayur Vihar, concurred and said," Parents should deposit the
fees in the first school their child has been selected. If a
school of their choice still has vacancy, they may switch to
According to the rules by Directorate of Education, a
school has to refund the fees within a month if one withdraws
from it after deducting the registration fee and one month`s
The results of first list also showed that many schools
have chosen draw of lots for selecting children even as they
adopted a points system.
The second list will be out by February 28 and the whole
admission process, which began with the selling of forms on
January 2, has to be completed before March 31, as per the DoE
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?