Nursery admission: Kids without `extra` pts fail to make cut
New Delhi: As a number of schools in Delhi
have come out with their first list of selected candidates for
nursery, it seems the kids without receiving points either
under sibling or alumni criteria have almost failed to make
any cut, at least for now.
While the trend suggests that only children with points
in sibling or alumni category have managed to come successful
in the first list, parents allege that the selection process
in many schools has been very confusing and non-transparent.
In its first list, a top school in South Delhi has
selected 69 students having points ranging from 85 to 65. As
per its criteria available on its website, the school has
alloted 30 points for sibling, 20 for alumni, 30 points for
neighbourhood, and 5 points each for children with special
needs, first child or single parent.
"This suggests that a child without getting points either
in sibling or alumni category cannot get more than 50 points.
And the results show the school has given preference only to
the kids who fulfil one of the two criteria," says a parent
whose child failed to make a cut in the first list.
"If the trend continues, I am not very much hopeful that
my child would get selected in future too," she says, wishing
not to be named.
The first lists of other schools also tell the same story
and some have not even disclosed the points awarded to the
selected students, which experts describe as an "elbow room"
for future manipulation by the schools.
"The schools that have disclosed alloted points are at
least transparent enough to admit that they prefer kids with
sibling or of alumnus. But, those have only asked parents to
come for document verification may have created an elbow room
for themselves to manipulate," says Sumit Vohra, founder of
Another reputed school at Tito Marg has given 30 points
each for sibling, transfer case and neighbourhood to students
selected in the first list.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video