Nursery trouble: Parents applying in 10+ schools
New Delhi: Desperate to get a nursery seat for
their tiny tots in a reputed school in their vicinity, nearly
50 per cent of parents in Delhi are now applying in more than
A survey conducted by online parents forum
`admissionsnursery.com` showed that more than 47 per cent of
parents are likely to apply in 1-10 schools, while around 44
per cent have said they will apply in more than 10 schools.
Among those who wish to test their luck in more than 10
schools, 18.5 per cent said they would apply in 15-20 schools,
while 7.8 per cent are determined to apply in over 20 schools.
The survey was conducted on a group of 2,259 parents.
"The trend shows that people are not in a mood to take
any chances this time following their harrowing experience of
the previous year," Sumit Vohra, founder of the website, said.
Many parents had applied in more than 20 schools last
year, but still some failed to get a seat for their wards.
Biswanath Das, a resident of Munirka in South Delhi, said
he has applied in 18 schools this time as he wants to ensure a
nursery seat for his son this time.
"I had applied in 10 schools last time but failed to get
admission for my son," he said.
In the four days since the admission process has begun,
almost all reputed schools in the city have seen a huge
rush of parents seeking application forms.
Ashok Pandey, Principal of Ahlcon International School,
said: "The rush for EWS seats has been very intense than that
for the general category seats. There have been over 700
online registrations for EWS seats, while the figure for
general category has been over 150."
Figures for the first three days of online submission of
forms at Springdales School in Pusa Road reportedly show that
more than 4,200 applications have been registered in the
general category, while the figure for EWS has been 650.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it