Obligatory on AAP`s part to form govt in Delhi: BJP
New Delhi: With Congress offering it unconditional support, it is obligatory on AAP to form a government in the national capital and fulfill the promises it has made to the people, BJP said on Thursday.
"AAP is increasingly giving an impression that though it is willing to condemn everyone it is reluctant to take on accountability and responsibility. Governance is a part of politics," party spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad told reporters.
Despite emerging as the single largest party with 31 seats in 70-member assembly, BJP does not have the number to make government and has made its position clear to the LG, he said. AAP has 28 MLAs and Congress 8.
"It is the obligation of AAP in view of this unconditional support (from Congress) to give a government in Delhi and fulfill all the promises it has made," he said.
He also scoffed at the Arvind Kejriwal-led party for branding Congress and BJP as "corrupt", questioning its differences with Anna Hazare and asking it to look within.
"What they are the whole country is watching. Anna Hazare parted ways from them," he said.
BJP`s leader in Rajya Sabha, Arun Jaitley, said it would be more appropriate to call Congress the B-team of AAP than the opposite.
"What is UPA`s game plan to deal with AAP? It may not be fully correct to say AAP is the B-Team of Congress. It is Congress which has now agreed to become the B-Team of AAP - again an evidence of the lack of will to fight back," he said on his website.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter