Obsessed lover arrested for attacking girl in Delhi
New Delhi: A 23-year-old youth has been arrested for allegedly attacking a girl with a sharp edged weapon after she turned down his marriage proposal in Ghazipur area of East Delhi, police said Wednesday.
According to the police, Wasim had attacked the girl on June 6.
On June 6, at around 11:30 am, a PCR call was received that a girl has been attacked with a sharp edged weapon and was admitted at Lal Bahadur Shastri Hospital.
When police went to the hospital, they found that she was referred to the Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital for further treatment.
In her statement to the police, the girl said that when she was alone at her home, Wasim, who wanted to marry her, barged into her house carrying a chopper and hit on her head and forehead twice, causing grievous injuries, police said.
"Wasim after attacking her twice attempted suicide by consuming poisonous substance and jumping into a canal but he survived on both occasions," Deputy Commissioner of Police (East) Ajay Kumar said.
During interrogation Wasim said that he has been hiding in Meerut, Hapur and Bijnaur, Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees