Obsessed lover arrested for attacking girl in Delhi
New Delhi: A 23-year-old youth has been arrested for allegedly attacking a girl with a sharp edged weapon after she turned down his marriage proposal in Ghazipur area of East Delhi, police said Wednesday.
According to the police, Wasim had attacked the girl on June 6.
On June 6, at around 11:30 am, a PCR call was received that a girl has been attacked with a sharp edged weapon and was admitted at Lal Bahadur Shastri Hospital.
When police went to the hospital, they found that she was referred to the Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital for further treatment.
In her statement to the police, the girl said that when she was alone at her home, Wasim, who wanted to marry her, barged into her house carrying a chopper and hit on her head and forehead twice, causing grievous injuries, police said.
"Wasim after attacking her twice attempted suicide by consuming poisonous substance and jumping into a canal but he survived on both occasions," Deputy Commissioner of Police (East) Ajay Kumar said.
During interrogation Wasim said that he has been hiding in Meerut, Hapur and Bijnaur, Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Samsung likely to launch Tizen powered Z2 smartphone in India today
- Baloch leaders booked: JKNPP calls on Centre to slap sedition charges against separatists
- Earth's temperature dropped during solar eclipse
- 5.5 magnitude earthquake hits Myanmar-India border; tremors felt in Assam
- Was Aamir Khan all set to do a 'Rustom'? Here's what we know so far