Of 2,582 complaints at Janta Darbar, 848 marked to Delhi CM
New Delhi: AAP government`s first Janta Darbar, which witnessed chaos and mismanagement yesterday due to large crowd, has received 2,582 complaints, of which 848 have been marked to Chief Miniser Arvind Kejriwal.
Of the total complaints received, 848 have been marked to Kejriwal while 917 have been marked to Education, PWD and Urban Development Minister Manish Sisodia.
As many as 49 complaints have been referred to Law Minister Somnath Bharti, 285 to transport minister Saurabh Bharadwaj, 198 to Labour Minister Girish Soni and 185 have been marked to Health Minister Satyendra Jain.
Rakhi Birla, the Women and Child Development Minister, has been referred 116 complaints.
"We have received 2,582 complaints which we have categorised according to the departments they are concerned with or the grievances. They will be further categorised on the basis of urgency. We have also got a lot of suggestions," secretary to the Chief Minister, Rajendra Kumar said.
Kejriwal-led AAP government had called the first of its kind Janta Darbar yesterday outside the Delhi Secretariat to hear the grievances of the citizens.
The entire Delhi Cabinet, barring Jain, was present at the public hearing.
Jain could not attend the meeting due to demise of his mother the same morning.
Though many complaints were received at the public meeting, it was marred by mismanagement as the venue, meant to cater to only 1,000 people, was bursting at the seams even as 500 Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) personnel and scores of Delhi policemen tried to manage the crowd.
The chaos forced Kejriwal to leave the venue midway as hundreds jostled with each other to register their grievances.
Later, the Chief Minister promised better arrangements for the next Janta Darbar.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know