Official residence allocated to state government: Chavan
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithivraj Chavan said here today that his official bungalow in New Delhi has been allocated for the use of the state government.
When he was union minister, Chavan`s official residence was 11, Race Course Road. "The central cabinet`s accomodation sub-committee has allocated the bungalow to the state government.
Central government accomodation in the national capital is allocated to each state government," Chavan said.
A statement from the Chief Minister`s Office said that Chavan had returned the bungalow after resigning as Rajya Sabha member.
"Later, the union cabinet sub-committee allocated it to the state government. The house is used for Chavan`s official work, meetings during his visits to Delhi," the statement said.
The statement said reports in a section of the media that the bungalow is illegally used by Chavan is baseless.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL