Old Yamuna bridge reopens in Delhi
New Delhi: The old Yamuna bridge, which
was closed to rail traffic due to the rising water level of
the river early this week, was reopened to rail traffic on Saturday.
"The bridge was reopened to rail traffic from 5 PM
onwards after a gradual decline in water level," said a
Northern Railway spokesperson.
The bridge, connecting east Delhi with the heart of
the national capital, was shut for rail and road traffic on
September 21 after the water level in Yamuna rose dangerously.
Railways had diverted and short-terminated several
mail and express trains bound for Delhi after the temporary
closure of the bridge and cancelled a few locals trains
leaving and originating from the station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday