On day 7 of fast, Arvind Kejriwal`s health has `stabilised`
New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Arvind Kejriwal`s indefinite hunger strike to protest increased power and water bills in Delhi entered seventh day on Friday.
The Aam Aadmi Party today tweeted that the health of the activist-turned-politician, who is a diabetic, has "stabilised".
The AAP leader`s `blood pressure is 108/66, Pulse 67, Sugar 123 and weight 59 kg. Ketones has come down from 3+ yesterday to 2+`.
On Thursday, Aam Aadmi Party in a statement claimed Kejriwal`s health has "deteriorated further". His blood pressure is 114/70, pulse 74 and sugar 108. His weight has fallen from 65 kgs on Day 1 and is now 59.5 kgs. The Ketone in his urine sample is 4+, the medical team said.
It also claimed that 82,726 people on Wednesday signed protest letters pledging not to pay the "inflated" power and water bills, taking the total to over the 2.69 lakh mark.
These letters would be delivered to Delhi Chief Minister Shiela Dikshit shortly, the statement said.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen