On day 7 of fast, Arvind Kejriwal`s health has `stabilised`
New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Arvind Kejriwal`s indefinite hunger strike to protest increased power and water bills in Delhi entered seventh day on Friday.
The Aam Aadmi Party today tweeted that the health of the activist-turned-politician, who is a diabetic, has "stabilised".
The AAP leader`s `blood pressure is 108/66, Pulse 67, Sugar 123 and weight 59 kg. Ketones has come down from 3+ yesterday to 2+`.
On Thursday, Aam Aadmi Party in a statement claimed Kejriwal`s health has "deteriorated further". His blood pressure is 114/70, pulse 74 and sugar 108. His weight has fallen from 65 kgs on Day 1 and is now 59.5 kgs. The Ketone in his urine sample is 4+, the medical team said.
It also claimed that 82,726 people on Wednesday signed protest letters pledging not to pay the "inflated" power and water bills, taking the total to over the 2.69 lakh mark.
These letters would be delivered to Delhi Chief Minister Shiela Dikshit shortly, the statement said.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details