On day 7 of fast, Arvind Kejriwal`s health has `stabilised`
New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Arvind Kejriwal`s indefinite hunger strike to protest increased power and water bills in Delhi entered seventh day on Friday.
The Aam Aadmi Party today tweeted that the health of the activist-turned-politician, who is a diabetic, has "stabilised".
The AAP leader`s `blood pressure is 108/66, Pulse 67, Sugar 123 and weight 59 kg. Ketones has come down from 3+ yesterday to 2+`.
On Thursday, Aam Aadmi Party in a statement claimed Kejriwal`s health has "deteriorated further". His blood pressure is 114/70, pulse 74 and sugar 108. His weight has fallen from 65 kgs on Day 1 and is now 59.5 kgs. The Ketone in his urine sample is 4+, the medical team said.
It also claimed that 82,726 people on Wednesday signed protest letters pledging not to pay the "inflated" power and water bills, taking the total to over the 2.69 lakh mark.
These letters would be delivered to Delhi Chief Minister Shiela Dikshit shortly, the statement said.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars