One arrested for looting cash from ATM
New Delhi: A man was arrested after he tried to escape with cash looted from an ATM in Mandwali here, police said on Monday.
Sanjeev (25) broke into an ATM of the Punjab National Bank and looted around Rs 3 lakh from it last night, they said.
He threatened the security guard with a screw driver and tried to escape with the loot on a motorcycle driven by his accomplice identified as Raghav.
The accused was nabbed by patrolling officers when the security guard raised an alarm, police said.
"Raghav fled the spot when the guard raised the alarm, while Sanjeev was caught trying to escape with the loot on foot," said Ajay Kumar, Deputy Commissioner of Police, East District.
Rs 2.68 lakh, an uniform of a security guard and a few screwdrivers were recovered from the accused, while the search for his accomplice is on, he said.
Sanjeev who worked as a cash feeder in ATMs was an expert in the functioning of the machines and knew how to unlock them, the police official said.
"During interrogation he has admitted to have stolen cash from ATM of the same bank across the city earlier" said Kumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble