One arrested for looting cash from ATM
New Delhi: A man was arrested after he tried to escape with cash looted from an ATM in Mandwali here, police said on Monday.
Sanjeev (25) broke into an ATM of the Punjab National Bank and looted around Rs 3 lakh from it last night, they said.
He threatened the security guard with a screw driver and tried to escape with the loot on a motorcycle driven by his accomplice identified as Raghav.
The accused was nabbed by patrolling officers when the security guard raised an alarm, police said.
"Raghav fled the spot when the guard raised the alarm, while Sanjeev was caught trying to escape with the loot on foot," said Ajay Kumar, Deputy Commissioner of Police, East District.
Rs 2.68 lakh, an uniform of a security guard and a few screwdrivers were recovered from the accused, while the search for his accomplice is on, he said.
Sanjeev who worked as a cash feeder in ATMs was an expert in the functioning of the machines and knew how to unlock them, the police official said.
"During interrogation he has admitted to have stolen cash from ATM of the same bank across the city earlier" said Kumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state