One criminal killed in Delhi shootout
New Delhi: A shootout between criminals of the Mewat gang and police at Pitampura, north Dehi, left one criminal dead in the wee hours of Saturday, police said.
The incident occurred at 2 am as police fired at the gang. Some policemen also sustained injuries in shots fired by the criminals, police said.
There were eight criminals involved in the shootout.
While one died, four sustained injuries. Three managed to escape, Delhi Police said.
Mewat in Haryana has attained notoriety for being the home of petty criminals involved in cattle theft and burglary. However, people from the region have, in recent years, been booked in bigger crimes in the capital, like rape and murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!