One criminal killed in Delhi shootout
New Delhi: A shootout between criminals of the Mewat gang and police at Pitampura, north Dehi, left one criminal dead in the wee hours of Saturday, police said.
The incident occurred at 2 am as police fired at the gang. Some policemen also sustained injuries in shots fired by the criminals, police said.
There were eight criminals involved in the shootout.
While one died, four sustained injuries. Three managed to escape, Delhi Police said.
Mewat in Haryana has attained notoriety for being the home of petty criminals involved in cattle theft and burglary. However, people from the region have, in recent years, been booked in bigger crimes in the capital, like rape and murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!