One held for shooting, injuring Delhi cop
New Delhi: A 28-year-old criminal was arrested here Thursday for firing at and injuring a police constable and a woman a day earlier, an official said.
Sonu, who was involved in over 17 cases of dacoity and robbery in Delhi, was arrested from his hideout in south Delhi`s Badarpur area, police said.
"The accused was sent to Tihar Jail in 2007 for attacking a constable with a knife. He has been sent to Tihar three times," said Additional Commissioner of Police Ajay Chaudhry.
The attacker opened fire at constable Bobby Yadav, 28, posted in south Delhi`s New Friends Colony, Wednesday around 8.30 p.m. while he was chasing him, police said.
Sonu had earlier run away in bid to avoid frisking by the constable, police said. Ramwati, 40, a passerby, was also hit by a bullet fired by the attacker, police said.
"Both the victims are undergoing treatment at All India Institute of Medical Sciences` Trauma Centre. Victims are stated to be out of danger," said the officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest