One held for shooting, injuring Delhi cop
New Delhi: A 28-year-old criminal was arrested here Thursday for firing at and injuring a police constable and a woman a day earlier, an official said.
Sonu, who was involved in over 17 cases of dacoity and robbery in Delhi, was arrested from his hideout in south Delhi`s Badarpur area, police said.
"The accused was sent to Tihar Jail in 2007 for attacking a constable with a knife. He has been sent to Tihar three times," said Additional Commissioner of Police Ajay Chaudhry.
The attacker opened fire at constable Bobby Yadav, 28, posted in south Delhi`s New Friends Colony, Wednesday around 8.30 p.m. while he was chasing him, police said.
Sonu had earlier run away in bid to avoid frisking by the constable, police said. Ramwati, 40, a passerby, was also hit by a bullet fired by the attacker, police said.
"Both the victims are undergoing treatment at All India Institute of Medical Sciences` Trauma Centre. Victims are stated to be out of danger," said the officer.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Hope intellectuals from India, China take part in Mind and Life conference: Dalai Lama
- Despite carnage, Syria`s Aleppo not in fighting `freeze`
- AP Board SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5
- Deal reached in Ireland to form minority government: Party
- Venkaiah Naidu, Siddaramaiah flag off south India's first underground Metro