One held for shooting, injuring Delhi cop
New Delhi: A 28-year-old criminal was arrested here Thursday for firing at and injuring a police constable and a woman a day earlier, an official said.
Sonu, who was involved in over 17 cases of dacoity and robbery in Delhi, was arrested from his hideout in south Delhi`s Badarpur area, police said.
"The accused was sent to Tihar Jail in 2007 for attacking a constable with a knife. He has been sent to Tihar three times," said Additional Commissioner of Police Ajay Chaudhry.
The attacker opened fire at constable Bobby Yadav, 28, posted in south Delhi`s New Friends Colony, Wednesday around 8.30 p.m. while he was chasing him, police said.
Sonu had earlier run away in bid to avoid frisking by the constable, police said. Ramwati, 40, a passerby, was also hit by a bullet fired by the attacker, police said.
"Both the victims are undergoing treatment at All India Institute of Medical Sciences` Trauma Centre. Victims are stated to be out of danger," said the officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation