One held for shooting, injuring Delhi cop
New Delhi: A 28-year-old criminal was arrested here Thursday for firing at and injuring a police constable and a woman a day earlier, an official said.
Sonu, who was involved in over 17 cases of dacoity and robbery in Delhi, was arrested from his hideout in south Delhi`s Badarpur area, police said.
"The accused was sent to Tihar Jail in 2007 for attacking a constable with a knife. He has been sent to Tihar three times," said Additional Commissioner of Police Ajay Chaudhry.
The attacker opened fire at constable Bobby Yadav, 28, posted in south Delhi`s New Friends Colony, Wednesday around 8.30 p.m. while he was chasing him, police said.
Sonu had earlier run away in bid to avoid frisking by the constable, police said. Ramwati, 40, a passerby, was also hit by a bullet fired by the attacker, police said.
"Both the victims are undergoing treatment at All India Institute of Medical Sciences` Trauma Centre. Victims are stated to be out of danger," said the officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya