One held for shooting, injuring Delhi cop
New Delhi: A 28-year-old criminal was arrested here Thursday for firing at and injuring a police constable and a woman a day earlier, an official said.
Sonu, who was involved in over 17 cases of dacoity and robbery in Delhi, was arrested from his hideout in south Delhi`s Badarpur area, police said.
"The accused was sent to Tihar Jail in 2007 for attacking a constable with a knife. He has been sent to Tihar three times," said Additional Commissioner of Police Ajay Chaudhry.
The attacker opened fire at constable Bobby Yadav, 28, posted in south Delhi`s New Friends Colony, Wednesday around 8.30 p.m. while he was chasing him, police said.
Sonu had earlier run away in bid to avoid frisking by the constable, police said. Ramwati, 40, a passerby, was also hit by a bullet fired by the attacker, police said.
"Both the victims are undergoing treatment at All India Institute of Medical Sciences` Trauma Centre. Victims are stated to be out of danger," said the officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- China to feel Brexit effects, yuan to weaken against dollar: JP Morgan
- As Central India faces drought, violence and murders on the rise over water
- Baby boom! Teejay Sidhu and Karanvir Bohra to become parents for the first time
- Tripura Governor gets additional charge of Arunachal Pradesh
- Bucket list: You must try these things at least once before turning 25!