One killed, 5 injured as AC explodes in DU South Campus
New Delhi: A 25-year-old technician was killed and five others were injured after an air-conditioner exploded during its servicing at Biotechnology Centre in South Campus of Delhi University this afternoon.
The explosion took place at 3:05 PM when the technician Shakeel along with his helper Sikander was servicing the split air-conditioner at the Biotechnology Centre, a senior police officer said.
The impact of the explosion was such that Shakeel died on the spot while Sikander and four women staffers suffered serious injuries from the splinters of the glass windows at the centre, police said.
The injured have been admitted to AIIMS.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months