One killed, 5 injured as AC explodes in DU South Campus
New Delhi: A 25-year-old technician was killed and five others were injured after an air-conditioner exploded during its servicing at Biotechnology Centre in South Campus of Delhi University this afternoon.
The explosion took place at 3:05 PM when the technician Shakeel along with his helper Sikander was servicing the split air-conditioner at the Biotechnology Centre, a senior police officer said.
The impact of the explosion was such that Shakeel died on the spot while Sikander and four women staffers suffered serious injuries from the splinters of the glass windows at the centre, police said.
The injured have been admitted to AIIMS.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sit at home and earn Rs 60,000 per month; follow these 5 websites
- Barcelona snap-up midfielder Andre Gomes from La Liga rivals Valencia for USD 55 million
- Ferrari GTC4Lusso India launch in 2017!
- Memories in making with noir shades, Shah Rukh Khan rejoices evening with 'Dear Zindagi' team!
- New 'Star Wars' character from 'Rogue One' unveiled