One killed, 5 injured as AC explodes in DU South Campus
New Delhi: A 25-year-old technician was killed and five others were injured after an air-conditioner exploded during its servicing at Biotechnology Centre in South Campus of Delhi University this afternoon.
The explosion took place at 3:05 PM when the technician Shakeel along with his helper Sikander was servicing the split air-conditioner at the Biotechnology Centre, a senior police officer said.
The impact of the explosion was such that Shakeel died on the spot while Sikander and four women staffers suffered serious injuries from the splinters of the glass windows at the centre, police said.
The injured have been admitted to AIIMS.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'