One killed, 5 injured as AC explodes in DU South Campus
New Delhi: A 25-year-old technician was killed and five others were injured after an air-conditioner exploded during its servicing at Biotechnology Centre in South Campus of Delhi University this afternoon.
The explosion took place at 3:05 PM when the technician Shakeel along with his helper Sikander was servicing the split air-conditioner at the Biotechnology Centre, a senior police officer said.
The impact of the explosion was such that Shakeel died on the spot while Sikander and four women staffers suffered serious injuries from the splinters of the glass windows at the centre, police said.
The injured have been admitted to AIIMS.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!