One killed as speeding BMW hits another car
New Delhi: A 39-year-old driver was killed when a speeding BMW allegedly driven by an MBBS student rammed into the victim`s car on Tuesday, police said.
The incident took place at Tilak Marg at around 1:20 am when the victim Mohammad Rafiq, a resident of Mandawali, was returning home.
The driver of the BMW was Ayush Arora, an MBBS student who is doing internship with Maulana Azad Medical College.
Arora was on way back from a get together along with two other friends.
The impact of the head-on collission was such that Rafiq fell out of the car through the windshield.
Rafiq was taken to Lok Nayak Jai Prakash hospital where he was declared brought dead.
Rafiq`s car caught fire and the flames were doused later.
Arora was arrested from the spot. Police said he was not under the influence of alcohol when the incident took place.
The car is registered in the name of a doctor at Gangaram hospital.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged