One killed as speeding BMW hits another car
New Delhi: A 39-year-old driver was killed when a speeding BMW allegedly driven by an MBBS student rammed into the victim`s car on Tuesday, police said.
The incident took place at Tilak Marg at around 1:20 am when the victim Mohammad Rafiq, a resident of Mandawali, was returning home.
The driver of the BMW was Ayush Arora, an MBBS student who is doing internship with Maulana Azad Medical College.
Arora was on way back from a get together along with two other friends.
The impact of the head-on collission was such that Rafiq fell out of the car through the windshield.
Rafiq was taken to Lok Nayak Jai Prakash hospital where he was declared brought dead.
Rafiq`s car caught fire and the flames were doused later.
Arora was arrested from the spot. Police said he was not under the influence of alcohol when the incident took place.
The car is registered in the name of a doctor at Gangaram hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH