One killed as speeding BMW hits another car
New Delhi: A 39-year-old driver was killed when a speeding BMW allegedly driven by an MBBS student rammed into the victim`s car on Tuesday, police said.
The incident took place at Tilak Marg at around 1:20 am when the victim Mohammad Rafiq, a resident of Mandawali, was returning home.
The driver of the BMW was Ayush Arora, an MBBS student who is doing internship with Maulana Azad Medical College.
Arora was on way back from a get together along with two other friends.
The impact of the head-on collission was such that Rafiq fell out of the car through the windshield.
Rafiq was taken to Lok Nayak Jai Prakash hospital where he was declared brought dead.
Rafiq`s car caught fire and the flames were doused later.
Arora was arrested from the spot. Police said he was not under the influence of alcohol when the incident took place.
The car is registered in the name of a doctor at Gangaram hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon