One killed as speeding BMW hits another car
New Delhi: A 39-year-old driver was killed when a speeding BMW allegedly driven by an MBBS student rammed into the victim`s car on Tuesday, police said.
The incident took place at Tilak Marg at around 1:20 am when the victim Mohammad Rafiq, a resident of Mandawali, was returning home.
The driver of the BMW was Ayush Arora, an MBBS student who is doing internship with Maulana Azad Medical College.
Arora was on way back from a get together along with two other friends.
The impact of the head-on collission was such that Rafiq fell out of the car through the windshield.
Rafiq was taken to Lok Nayak Jai Prakash hospital where he was declared brought dead.
Rafiq`s car caught fire and the flames were doused later.
Arora was arrested from the spot. Police said he was not under the influence of alcohol when the incident took place.
The car is registered in the name of a doctor at Gangaram hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'