One killed by friend over Rs 100 in Delhi
New Delhi: A 45-year-old man was stabbed to death by his friend after a heated argument over Rs 100 here, police said on Friday. The incident was reported on Thursday around 10.30 pm in west Delhi`s Rohini area.
Deepak Vaid was stabbed by his friend Rajesh Bansal, 46, alias Mintu. "Vaid was rushed to a hospital where he was pronounced dead. Bansal fled after the attack. His friends found him with blood stains on his clothes. They informed police and he was caught from his house," said a police officer.
"Three days ago Vaid lost Rs 100 to Bansal in gambling. Bansal was demanding the money from the victim. Last night Basal again demanded the money, but Vaid did not give it. They argued and Bansal stabbed him and fled," said the officer.
Both Vaid and Bansal were residents of Rohini`s Sector-7.
A case has been registered and Bansal has been sent to judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list