One killed by friend over Rs 100 in Delhi
New Delhi: A 45-year-old man was stabbed to death by his friend after a heated argument over Rs 100 here, police said on Friday. The incident was reported on Thursday around 10.30 pm in west Delhi`s Rohini area.
Deepak Vaid was stabbed by his friend Rajesh Bansal, 46, alias Mintu. "Vaid was rushed to a hospital where he was pronounced dead. Bansal fled after the attack. His friends found him with blood stains on his clothes. They informed police and he was caught from his house," said a police officer.
"Three days ago Vaid lost Rs 100 to Bansal in gambling. Bansal was demanding the money from the victim. Last night Basal again demanded the money, but Vaid did not give it. They argued and Bansal stabbed him and fled," said the officer.
Both Vaid and Bansal were residents of Rohini`s Sector-7.
A case has been registered and Bansal has been sent to judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest