One killed by friend over Rs 100 in Delhi
New Delhi: A 45-year-old man was stabbed to death by his friend after a heated argument over Rs 100 here, police said on Friday. The incident was reported on Thursday around 10.30 pm in west Delhi`s Rohini area.
Deepak Vaid was stabbed by his friend Rajesh Bansal, 46, alias Mintu. "Vaid was rushed to a hospital where he was pronounced dead. Bansal fled after the attack. His friends found him with blood stains on his clothes. They informed police and he was caught from his house," said a police officer.
"Three days ago Vaid lost Rs 100 to Bansal in gambling. Bansal was demanding the money from the victim. Last night Basal again demanded the money, but Vaid did not give it. They argued and Bansal stabbed him and fled," said the officer.
Both Vaid and Bansal were residents of Rohini`s Sector-7.
A case has been registered and Bansal has been sent to judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- BJP protesters cane-charged in Lucknow, over dozen injured
- 2016 US Open: Novak Djokovic, Serena Williams named top seeds for season's final Grand Slam
- Bulandshahr gang-rape accused plead not guilty, demand narco test to prove innocence
- Was Osho murdered by his followers?
- China hopes for early talks with Phillipines on South China Sea