One killed in building collapse in Faridabad
Faridabad: At least one person was killed and two others were injured when a portion of an under-construction building collapsed in Sarurpur industrial area here.
Rescue operations are in progress as more people are feared to be trapped, officials at the site told PTI.
According to labourer Tinku, five to six workers are still trapped in the debris of the building.
One labourer, who was seriously injured, has been referred to a Delhi hospital, rescue officials said.
Haryana Labour and Employment minister Shiv Charan Lal Sharma also reached the spot to oversee the rescue operations.
An inquiry will be ordered into the matter since the building was being illegally constructed, Sharma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details