One killed in building collapse in Faridabad
Faridabad: At least one person was killed and two others were injured when a portion of an under-construction building collapsed in Sarurpur industrial area here.
Rescue operations are in progress as more people are feared to be trapped, officials at the site told PTI.
According to labourer Tinku, five to six workers are still trapped in the debris of the building.
One labourer, who was seriously injured, has been referred to a Delhi hospital, rescue officials said.
Haryana Labour and Employment minister Shiv Charan Lal Sharma also reached the spot to oversee the rescue operations.
An inquiry will be ordered into the matter since the building was being illegally constructed, Sharma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- PM Modi reacts to his Pakistan visit, says 'now I do not have to explain India's fight against terrorism to the world'
- LeEco Le 2, Le Max2 flash sale on June 28; receives record 5.25 lakh registrations
- Naxalism will be rooted out soon: Rajnath Singh
- Euro 2016, Fixtures, Live Streaming, Italy, Spain, England, Iceland, Football News, International Football
- India deserves to be in NSG, the US will work for it: Envoy Richard Verma