One killed in building collapse in Faridabad
Faridabad: At least one person was killed and two others were injured when a portion of an under-construction building collapsed in Sarurpur industrial area here.
Rescue operations are in progress as more people are feared to be trapped, officials at the site told PTI.
According to labourer Tinku, five to six workers are still trapped in the debris of the building.
One labourer, who was seriously injured, has been referred to a Delhi hospital, rescue officials said.
Haryana Labour and Employment minister Shiv Charan Lal Sharma also reached the spot to oversee the rescue operations.
An inquiry will be ordered into the matter since the building was being illegally constructed, Sharma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Analysing the murder mystery of Sheena Bora case- Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack