One killed in building collapse in Faridabad
Faridabad: At least one person was killed and two others were injured when a portion of an under-construction building collapsed in Sarurpur industrial area here.
Rescue operations are in progress as more people are feared to be trapped, officials at the site told PTI.
According to labourer Tinku, five to six workers are still trapped in the debris of the building.
One labourer, who was seriously injured, has been referred to a Delhi hospital, rescue officials said.
Haryana Labour and Employment minister Shiv Charan Lal Sharma also reached the spot to oversee the rescue operations.
An inquiry will be ordered into the matter since the building was being illegally constructed, Sharma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof