One more body found in a bag in Delhi
New Delhi: A decomposed body of an unidentified youth was discovered in a bag in a central Delhi locality this afternoon, police said.
The incident was reported from Prasad Nagar. The deceased, whose identity is yet to be established, is around 30 years old.
"His body bore multiple injuries mark. He might have been strangulated. A passerby informed police about the abandoned bag," a senior police official said.
Delhi appears to become a dumping ground of bodies with Union Home Minister P Chidambaram suggesting that most of the over 800 unidentified bodies being found in city in last four months are from neighbouring states.
Chidambaram, in a letter to Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit, had recently suggested that most of the unidentified bodies being recovered in the city are from the neighbouring states.
According to official statistics, 964 bodies have been discovered in the capital this year so far, out of which 106 were recovered in the past 14 days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred