One more `cattle thief` arrested in Pitampura shootout
New Delhi: A suspected cattle thief involved in the January 19 shootout in outer Delhi has been arrested from Meerut in Uttar Pradesh, police said on Monday.
Tasleem (25) had fled after the shootout with Delhi Police in Pitampura on Saturday, in which one of his associates was killed and four others were arrested, they said.
"He (Tasleem) was arrested on Sunday from Meerut in Uttar Pradesh. He hails from Ghaziabad," a police official said, adding that it was Tasleem who was driving the mini-truck when the shootout took place.
A suspected cattle thief had been killed and four of his accomplices were arrested after a 25-minute shootout with the police in Pitampura. They were fleeing after stealing cattle from the area.
Yakub, the alleged cattle thief who was in his twenties, had died on the spot, while his other accomplices -- Sanwar (25), Khalid (22), Anwar (20) and Ankur (22) -- were injured and arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy