One more `cattle thief` arrested in Pitampura shootout
New Delhi: A suspected cattle thief involved in the January 19 shootout in outer Delhi has been arrested from Meerut in Uttar Pradesh, police said on Monday.
Tasleem (25) had fled after the shootout with Delhi Police in Pitampura on Saturday, in which one of his associates was killed and four others were arrested, they said.
"He (Tasleem) was arrested on Sunday from Meerut in Uttar Pradesh. He hails from Ghaziabad," a police official said, adding that it was Tasleem who was driving the mini-truck when the shootout took place.
A suspected cattle thief had been killed and four of his accomplices were arrested after a 25-minute shootout with the police in Pitampura. They were fleeing after stealing cattle from the area.
Yakub, the alleged cattle thief who was in his twenties, had died on the spot, while his other accomplices -- Sanwar (25), Khalid (22), Anwar (20) and Ankur (22) -- were injured and arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Security in Kashmir reviewed following Pampore attack; Amarnath Yatra to begin soon
- Southwest monsoon progresses in Gujarat
- Subramanian Swamy's lecture on 'Emergency' cancelled
- Now, Lexit: London wants to stay with EU, says petition
- UP cops fight publicly over 'share of bribe', video goes viral - Watch