Over 1,000 killed in road mishaps in Delhi till July
New Delhi: Over 1,000 people were killed and
3,000 injured in road mishaps in the national capital this
year so far, with police today claiming that there was a dip
in fatalities as well as accidents.
According to Delhi Police statistics, 1,087 people were
killed in 1,051 fatal accidents this year till July 15 as
against 1,236 in the corresponding period last year. The
number of injured this year was 3,035, which was 710 less from
last year`s figure.
A total of 3,187 accidents were reported in the capital
this year which included 2,103 accidents in which no one were
killed. Last year, during the same period, the total was 4,072
in which 2,777 were accidents in which no fatalities were
This year, no one were injured in 33 accidents this year
so far as against last year`s 91.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!