Over 1,000 killed in road mishaps in Delhi till July
New Delhi: Over 1,000 people were killed and
3,000 injured in road mishaps in the national capital this
year so far, with police today claiming that there was a dip
in fatalities as well as accidents.
According to Delhi Police statistics, 1,087 people were
killed in 1,051 fatal accidents this year till July 15 as
against 1,236 in the corresponding period last year. The
number of injured this year was 3,035, which was 710 less from
last year`s figure.
A total of 3,187 accidents were reported in the capital
this year which included 2,103 accidents in which no one were
killed. Last year, during the same period, the total was 4,072
in which 2,777 were accidents in which no fatalities were
This year, no one were injured in 33 accidents this year
so far as against last year`s 91.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa