Over 10,000 weddings solemnised in Delhi
New Delhi: Hundreds of weddings took place in the capital on Sunday as a three-day auspicious period is underway adding to traffic woes of the people.
An estimated 10,000 marriages are understood to have taken place today as the three-day period began yesterday, according to astrologers.
As the marriage season began, Delhi Police rolled out advertisements in newspapers asking people not to congest the road by holding processions for a long time.
Most halls in all parts of the capital were booked today and one could see at least one wedding procession in almost all the roads of the capital.
People dressed in their best thronged the wedding halls and this led to traffic snarls at a few places though police asked people to maintain discipline and not clog roads.
Adding to the woes was the India International Trade Fair, which led to traffic snarls at some places.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars