Over 10,000 weddings solemnised in Delhi
New Delhi: Hundreds of weddings took place in the capital on Sunday as a three-day auspicious period is underway adding to traffic woes of the people.
An estimated 10,000 marriages are understood to have taken place today as the three-day period began yesterday, according to astrologers.
As the marriage season began, Delhi Police rolled out advertisements in newspapers asking people not to congest the road by holding processions for a long time.
Most halls in all parts of the capital were booked today and one could see at least one wedding procession in almost all the roads of the capital.
People dressed in their best thronged the wedding halls and this led to traffic snarls at a few places though police asked people to maintain discipline and not clog roads.
Adding to the woes was the India International Trade Fair, which led to traffic snarls at some places.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda