Over 10,000 weddings solemnised in Delhi
New Delhi: Hundreds of weddings took place in the capital on Sunday as a three-day auspicious period is underway adding to traffic woes of the people.
An estimated 10,000 marriages are understood to have taken place today as the three-day period began yesterday, according to astrologers.
As the marriage season began, Delhi Police rolled out advertisements in newspapers asking people not to congest the road by holding processions for a long time.
Most halls in all parts of the capital were booked today and one could see at least one wedding procession in almost all the roads of the capital.
People dressed in their best thronged the wedding halls and this led to traffic snarls at a few places though police asked people to maintain discipline and not clog roads.
Adding to the woes was the India International Trade Fair, which led to traffic snarls at some places.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- Grand Alliance set to win Bihar election: Survey
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest