Over 10,000 weddings solemnised in Delhi
New Delhi: Hundreds of weddings took place in the capital on Sunday as a three-day auspicious period is underway adding to traffic woes of the people.
An estimated 10,000 marriages are understood to have taken place today as the three-day period began yesterday, according to astrologers.
As the marriage season began, Delhi Police rolled out advertisements in newspapers asking people not to congest the road by holding processions for a long time.
Most halls in all parts of the capital were booked today and one could see at least one wedding procession in almost all the roads of the capital.
People dressed in their best thronged the wedding halls and this led to traffic snarls at a few places though police asked people to maintain discipline and not clog roads.
Adding to the woes was the India International Trade Fair, which led to traffic snarls at some places.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Prayers being held for Yakub Memon at Bada Kabristan before his burial
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened