Over 10,800 policemen punished in 2011
New Delhi: Over 10,800 policemen faced
punishment ranging from dismissal to an explanation call on
charges of corruption and dereliction of duty in 2011, with
the figure being ten times higher compared to previous year.
According to Delhi Police Annual Report 2011, 162
policemen were dismissed last year including two whose
services were summarily terminated.
A total of 1,303 policemen faced punishment, including 35
dismissals, in 2010.
"This year the action against erring policemen was very
large," City Police Commissioner BK Gupta told reporters at
the annual press conference.
While no Deputy Commissioners of Police (DCP) figured in
the list last year, this time one of them was issued an
A total 1,025 policemen were awarded major punishments
like forfeiture of service (634), reduction in pay (22) and
withholding of increments (205).
Another 1,815 personnel were censured.
Departmental enquiry was initiated against 1,586 policemen
while 492 were suspended.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani