Over 1,400 Delhi Police personnel faced disciplinary action in 2009
New Delhi: Over 1,400 Delhi Police
personnel were subject to disciplinary action, including
dismissals, in 2009, its Commissioner Y S Dadwal said on Saturday.
At his annual press conference here, Dadwal said
disciplinary action was taken against 1,428 personnel, of whom
56 were dismissed while 1,119 were censured.
"There is no scope of nonsense so far as functioning
of police is concerned. We are taking action against the SHOs
on various complaints and we will continue to do so," Dadwal
Constables topped the list with 484 being punished
during the year, followed by head constables (309), Assistant
Sub-Inspectors (239), Sub-Inspectors (203) and inspectors
While services of 197 personnel were forfeited, 56
were dismissed, 1,119 were censured and 54 were punished by
withholding their increments during the year as recommended by
the Delhi Vigilance Branch.
Of the 484 constables, 309 were censured, services of
107 were forfeited while 44 were removed from service,
according to Delhi Police statistics.
During the last year, among those whose increments
were withheld as punishment included 23 constables, 10 head
constables, eight ASIs, nine SIs and four inspectors.
Dadwal said 466 surprise checks were conducted at
police stations and action against 63 personnel have been
He also said that a total 19,252 complaints including
6,155 against policemen were received in the vigilance branch.
A total of 17,824 complaints have been sent to districts for
necessary action and direct disposal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!