Over 20 men attack Gurgaon toll plaza, loot cash
Gurgaon: In another attack at a toll plaza in Haryana, an employee was shot at and Rs 1 lakh was looted from him, police said on Friday.
According to reports, more than 20 men attacked the toll plaza on the Gurgaon-Alwar highway at Badshahpur on Thursday and looted over Rs 1 lakh.
Ateet Kumar, 23, who was shot on Thursday, was stated to be out of danger in a hospital.
In the CCTV footage of the incident, the assailants opened fire and injured three toll plaza employees besides vandalising vehicles.
Police officer Rajpal said the shooting appeared to be a case of rivalry between Ramgarh and Rithoj villages.
"A few months ago, all the employees from Ramgarh were replaced by people from Rithoj village," he said. Kumar belonged to Rithoj.
"We have booked more than a dozen people from Ramgarh for attempt to murder," Rajpal said.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sandeep Dikshit unhappy with Ajay Maken? Says can't accept a leadership whose objective was to discredit Sheila Dikshit
- Struggles never end in life, says Quantico star Priyanka Chopra
- India vs West Indies: List of records broken by Virat Kohli & Co during thumping win in 1st Test
- 2nd conviction in coal scam: Court convicts RSPL, 3 top officials
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 629—Abhi ends his relationship with Pragya!