Over 20 men attack Gurgaon toll plaza, loot cash
Gurgaon: In another attack at a toll plaza in Haryana, an employee was shot at and Rs 1 lakh was looted from him, police said on Friday.
According to reports, more than 20 men attacked the toll plaza on the Gurgaon-Alwar highway at Badshahpur on Thursday and looted over Rs 1 lakh.
Ateet Kumar, 23, who was shot on Thursday, was stated to be out of danger in a hospital.
In the CCTV footage of the incident, the assailants opened fire and injured three toll plaza employees besides vandalising vehicles.
Police officer Rajpal said the shooting appeared to be a case of rivalry between Ramgarh and Rithoj villages.
"A few months ago, all the employees from Ramgarh were replaced by people from Rithoj village," he said. Kumar belonged to Rithoj.
"We have booked more than a dozen people from Ramgarh for attempt to murder," Rajpal said.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him