Over 20 men attack Gurgaon toll plaza, loot cash
Gurgaon: In another attack at a toll plaza in Haryana, an employee was shot at and Rs 1 lakh was looted from him, police said on Friday.
According to reports, more than 20 men attacked the toll plaza on the Gurgaon-Alwar highway at Badshahpur on Thursday and looted over Rs 1 lakh.
Ateet Kumar, 23, who was shot on Thursday, was stated to be out of danger in a hospital.
In the CCTV footage of the incident, the assailants opened fire and injured three toll plaza employees besides vandalising vehicles.
Police officer Rajpal said the shooting appeared to be a case of rivalry between Ramgarh and Rithoj villages.
"A few months ago, all the employees from Ramgarh were replaced by people from Rithoj village," he said. Kumar belonged to Rithoj.
"We have booked more than a dozen people from Ramgarh for attempt to murder," Rajpal said.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?