Over 260 corruption, sexual harassment cases against CISF men
New Delhi: Over 260 cases of corruption
and sexual harassment were registered against Central
Industrial Security Force personnel between 2001 and 2010.
According to an RTI reply, out of the total 223 cases
of graft that came to light in the period, a highest of 56
were registered in 2008, followed by 52 in 2009, 49 in 2007
and 27 in last year.
Besides 16 cases were filed in 2006, ten were reported
in 2005 and three in 2004. There was no case registered
between 2001 and 2003, it said.
Thirty-eight cases of sexual harassment were
registered during the period of ten years against CISF
personnel out of which, a maximum of 13 were in 2008, 11 in
2007, six in 2009, four in 2010, two in 2006 and one each in
2004 and 2005, the RTI reply said.
No case of human rights violation was reported in past
ten years, the CISF said.
Exercising his Right to Information, Ashwini
Shrivastava had asked for information related to cases of
corruption, human rights violation and sexual exploitation in
seven central paramilitary forces and internal and external
intelligence agencies RAW and IB.
In its reply, Assam Rifles said it has registered 39
cases related to alleged human rights violation and two cases
of corruption in the past ten years.
National Security Guard (NSG) and Indo-Tibetan Border
Police Force personnel witnessed no such cases. However, four
other Central paramilitary forces -- Central Reserve Police
Force (CRPF), Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) and Border Security
Force (BSF) -- refused to make public the information.
Similarly, both RAW and IB refused to make public the
information on cases related to human rights violation and
corruption against their personnel.
CRPF is responsible for internal security, mainly
anti-Naxal operations while BSF men are deployed along
Indo-Pakistan and Indo-Bangladesh border and SSB guards
along Indo-Nepal and Indo-Bhutan border. ITBP men are involved
in securing Indo-China frontier and the NSG personnel are
responsible for anti-terror and anti-hijack operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sheena Bora and Mikhail had different fathers?