Over 300 persons arrested in arson case
Lucknow: Over 300 persons were arrested after four vehicles were allegedly set afire on Thursday by an angry mob in Ambedkar Nagar district of the state, police said.
Tension gripped the city area yesterday, when some motorcycle-borne youths, hit a `kanwariya`, following which an angry mob resorted to ruckus and arsoning, IG, Law and Order, Amrendra Sengar told reporters.
He said due to some rumours, over 250 kanwariyas today set afire four vehicles including two roadways buses in Amri village.
Later, police reached the spot and controlled the situation, Sengar said, adding that over 300 persons were arrested in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`