Over 300 persons arrested in arson case
Lucknow: Over 300 persons were arrested after four vehicles were allegedly set afire on Thursday by an angry mob in Ambedkar Nagar district of the state, police said.
Tension gripped the city area yesterday, when some motorcycle-borne youths, hit a `kanwariya`, following which an angry mob resorted to ruckus and arsoning, IG, Law and Order, Amrendra Sengar told reporters.
He said due to some rumours, over 250 kanwariyas today set afire four vehicles including two roadways buses in Amri village.
Later, police reached the spot and controlled the situation, Sengar said, adding that over 300 persons were arrested in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa - Statistical highlights