Over 300 persons arrested in arson case
Lucknow: Over 300 persons were arrested after four vehicles were allegedly set afire on Thursday by an angry mob in Ambedkar Nagar district of the state, police said.
Tension gripped the city area yesterday, when some motorcycle-borne youths, hit a `kanwariya`, following which an angry mob resorted to ruckus and arsoning, IG, Law and Order, Amrendra Sengar told reporters.
He said due to some rumours, over 250 kanwariyas today set afire four vehicles including two roadways buses in Amri village.
Later, police reached the spot and controlled the situation, Sengar said, adding that over 300 persons were arrested in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?