Over 300 persons arrested in arson case
Lucknow: Over 300 persons were arrested after four vehicles were allegedly set afire on Thursday by an angry mob in Ambedkar Nagar district of the state, police said.
Tension gripped the city area yesterday, when some motorcycle-borne youths, hit a `kanwariya`, following which an angry mob resorted to ruckus and arsoning, IG, Law and Order, Amrendra Sengar told reporters.
He said due to some rumours, over 250 kanwariyas today set afire four vehicles including two roadways buses in Amri village.
Later, police reached the spot and controlled the situation, Sengar said, adding that over 300 persons were arrested in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen