Over 400 DTC personnel face disciplinary action
New Delhi: Delhi Transport Corporation has
initiated disciplinary action against 246 drivers and 158
conductors after finding them guilty of dereliction of duties
during a drive launched last week.
"Disciplinary cases have been initiated against 246
drivers and 158 conductors so far," a senior Delhi Transport
Corporation (DTC) official said.
The drive was launched to improve services and identify
lacunae in DTC`s bus operation.
The main objective of the drive was to sensitise the bus
crew towards their duties, basic etiquettes while dealing with
passengers and to have a vigilant approach to ensure overall
So far, 8,894 buses were checked across the city.
During the course of the drive, 958 drivers and
conductors were found without uniform while 120 cases of
improper parking and 30 cases of not stopping the bus on
designated bus stop were reported.
The drive, launched on February 16, will go on till
While nine cases of mobile phone usage by drivers while
driving the buses were also reported, seven driver and
conductors were found smoking on duty.
A total of 690 passengers were found travelling without
ticket, the DTC official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'