Over 500 guitarists pay tribute to Delhi gang-rape victim in Darjeeling
Darjeeling: Over 500 guitarists assembled to pay a tribute to the December 16 Delhi gang-rape victim in Darjeeling, West Bengal, over the weekend, crooning John Lennon`s famous song ``Imagine``.
Sharing his views, renowned north-east musician Lou Majaw said that participation in this event was close to his heart and gave him contentment.
“I had heard about this event for the past two weeks from what I gathered from telephone calls and stuff like that, it is bubbling, it is happening. We just reached today morning,” said Majaw.
The 23-year-old girl who was brutally gang-raped and tortured on a moving bus in South Delhi area on December 16 died on December 29 of her injuries in a hospital in Singapore, where she had been taken for treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!