Over 500 guitarists pay tribute to Delhi gang-rape victim in Darjeeling
Darjeeling: Over 500 guitarists assembled to pay a tribute to the December 16 Delhi gang-rape victim in Darjeeling, West Bengal, over the weekend, crooning John Lennon`s famous song ``Imagine``.
Sharing his views, renowned north-east musician Lou Majaw said that participation in this event was close to his heart and gave him contentment.
“I had heard about this event for the past two weeks from what I gathered from telephone calls and stuff like that, it is bubbling, it is happening. We just reached today morning,” said Majaw.
The 23-year-old girl who was brutally gang-raped and tortured on a moving bus in South Delhi area on December 16 died on December 29 of her injuries in a hospital in Singapore, where she had been taken for treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Seven killed as car rams into minibus in Kenya's Kwale
- Hope law will be passed for construction of Ram temple by PM Narendra Modi-led government: VHP leader Pravin Togadia
- Rock stars and celebrities react with dismay to Brexit
- WATCH: How AAP MLA Dinesh Mohaniya was arrested by Delhi Police amidst high drama during press conference
- BJP president Amit Shah sounds poll bugle in Uttarakhand; slams Congress, Harish Rawat