Over 500 guitarists pay tribute to Delhi gang-rape victim in Darjeeling
Darjeeling: Over 500 guitarists assembled to pay a tribute to the December 16 Delhi gang-rape victim in Darjeeling, West Bengal, over the weekend, crooning John Lennon`s famous song ``Imagine``.
Sharing his views, renowned north-east musician Lou Majaw said that participation in this event was close to his heart and gave him contentment.
“I had heard about this event for the past two weeks from what I gathered from telephone calls and stuff like that, it is bubbling, it is happening. We just reached today morning,” said Majaw.
The 23-year-old girl who was brutally gang-raped and tortured on a moving bus in South Delhi area on December 16 died on December 29 of her injuries in a hospital in Singapore, where she had been taken for treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO