Over 500 guitarists pay tribute to Delhi gang-rape victim in Darjeeling
Darjeeling: Over 500 guitarists assembled to pay a tribute to the December 16 Delhi gang-rape victim in Darjeeling, West Bengal, over the weekend, crooning John Lennon`s famous song ``Imagine``.
Sharing his views, renowned north-east musician Lou Majaw said that participation in this event was close to his heart and gave him contentment.
“I had heard about this event for the past two weeks from what I gathered from telephone calls and stuff like that, it is bubbling, it is happening. We just reached today morning,” said Majaw.
The 23-year-old girl who was brutally gang-raped and tortured on a moving bus in South Delhi area on December 16 died on December 29 of her injuries in a hospital in Singapore, where she had been taken for treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan