Over 5000 govt residences to be built in southwest Delhi
New Delhi: In an effort to meet the shortage of accommodation for government officers, Centre is working on building over 5,000 houses as part of a 240 acre residential project in Ghitorni in southwest Delhi.
Official sources said the project will be developed by National Building Construction Corporation (NBCC) in association with Central Public Works Department (CPWD) to which the land belongs.
The project would include building of 5000 plus residences in addition to office space.
The CPWD and the NBCC have already signed a memorandum of association. A memorandum of understanding for the execution of the project will soon be signed, officials said.
"The NBCC is likely to appoint a consultant for the project. It is being considered that some portions which may include commercial portions of the housing sections could be sold to raise money for the project," an official said.
As per the memorandum of association, a committee which would comprise three members each from both the organisations will be formed under the chairmanship of DG CPWD to look in to the implementation of the project.
To meet the demand for housing of government officers and those working with PSUs and tribunals, NBCC and CPWD are already redeveloping six colonies in the capital.
While NBCC is rebuilding Netaji Nagar, Kasturba Nagar and Tyagraj Nagar, CPWD is redeveloping Sarojini Nagar, Mohammedpur and Sriniwaspuri.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL