Over 60,000 people in Delhi have arms licence
New Delhi: Over 60,000 people in the capital have arms licence, government said today.
There are 60,573 arms licence holders in the capital as on date, Minister of State for Home Mullappally Ramachandran said in a written reply in Lok Sabha.
Arms licences are granted as per the provisions made under the Arms Act, 1952 and Arms Rules, 1962," he said
Asked whether there is any proposal to train the gun owners to avoid any misuse of weapons, he said, "Though there is no specific proposal, basic training on safe handling and keeping of weapons are imparted to licence seekers by Delhi Police."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed