Over 60,000 people in Delhi have arms licence
New Delhi: Over 60,000 people in the capital have arms licence, government said today.
There are 60,573 arms licence holders in the capital as on date, Minister of State for Home Mullappally Ramachandran said in a written reply in Lok Sabha.
Arms licences are granted as per the provisions made under the Arms Act, 1952 and Arms Rules, 1962," he said
Asked whether there is any proposal to train the gun owners to avoid any misuse of weapons, he said, "Though there is no specific proposal, basic training on safe handling and keeping of weapons are imparted to licence seekers by Delhi Police."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister