Over 60,000 people in Delhi have arms licence
New Delhi: Over 60,000 people in the capital have arms licence, government said today.
There are 60,573 arms licence holders in the capital as on date, Minister of State for Home Mullappally Ramachandran said in a written reply in Lok Sabha.
Arms licences are granted as per the provisions made under the Arms Act, 1952 and Arms Rules, 1962," he said
Asked whether there is any proposal to train the gun owners to avoid any misuse of weapons, he said, "Though there is no specific proposal, basic training on safe handling and keeping of weapons are imparted to licence seekers by Delhi Police."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh to visit Pakistan in August for SAARC meet
- Dope scandal: Narsingh Yadav's Rio Olympics fate hangs in balance as NADA set to pronounce verdict today
- Indo-US counter-terrorism joint working group to meet today
- Hillary Clinton more qualified than anyone to serve as US president: Barack Obama
- Rahul Gandhi likely to speak on price rise in Lok Sabha today