Over 60,000 people in Delhi have arms licence
New Delhi: Over 60,000 people in the capital have arms licence, government said today.
There are 60,573 arms licence holders in the capital as on date, Minister of State for Home Mullappally Ramachandran said in a written reply in Lok Sabha.
Arms licences are granted as per the provisions made under the Arms Act, 1952 and Arms Rules, 1962," he said
Asked whether there is any proposal to train the gun owners to avoid any misuse of weapons, he said, "Though there is no specific proposal, basic training on safe handling and keeping of weapons are imparted to licence seekers by Delhi Police."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?