Over 60,000 people in Delhi have arms licence
New Delhi: Over 60,000 people in the capital have arms licence, government said today.
There are 60,573 arms licence holders in the capital as on date, Minister of State for Home Mullappally Ramachandran said in a written reply in Lok Sabha.
Arms licences are granted as per the provisions made under the Arms Act, 1952 and Arms Rules, 1962," he said
Asked whether there is any proposal to train the gun owners to avoid any misuse of weapons, he said, "Though there is no specific proposal, basic training on safe handling and keeping of weapons are imparted to licence seekers by Delhi Police."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?