Over 650 rapes in Delhi this year
New Delhi: More than 650 rape cases have been reported in the National Capital Region (NCR) this year.
According to the National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB), this was an increase over 522 rape cases reported in Delhi, the highest for any metro in the country, and the NCR in 2011.
The number of rapes in India shot up from 1953 to 2011 by a staggering 873 percent, the CPI-M`s "People`s Democracy" said this month.
This was three times faster than all cognizable crimes put together and three-and-a-half times faster than murder. And between 2007 and 2011, rape incidents increased by 9.7 percent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- Team India to attend preparatory camp under new coach Anil Kumble!
- Like seriously! Marijuana is legal in these 8 countries
- Security alert! Islamic State militants release 'kill list', target 4000 people including 285 Indians
- Nephew Krushna Abhishek apologises to Govinda! – Know why
- 'Tulsidas ji pranam' — Read Bihar's topper Ruby Rai's 'shocking' essay on famous poet