Over 7,000 posts for teachers vacant in MCD schools
New Delhi: More than 7,000 posts for teachers are lying vacant in Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) schools, the Lok Sabha was informed Tuesday.
"In MCD schools, as many as 7,068 posts of teachers of various categories are lying vacant," Union Minister of State for Home Affairs Mullappally Ramachandran told Lok Sabha in a written reply to a query.
On appointment of guest teachers in the civic bodies, the minister told of no such engagements in the MCD schools during last three years and the current year.
"No guest teachers have been appointed in MCD schools. However, 4,279 teachers have been engaged on contractual basis against the vacant posts," he said.
The minister also talked of figures for the New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) for the same periods and the facilities provided to teachers engaged in the same.
"NDMC has engaged 225 guest teachers only this year. These guest teachers are paid a fix amount per period, based on their categories, i.E, PGT (Post Graduate Teacher), TGT (Trained Graduate Teacher), etc. No other facility except the remuneration is paid to them," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail