Over two-fold hike in salaries of MLAs, ministers
New Delhi: Delhi MLAs and ministers will get
nearly double the amount of their existing salary from this
The Delhi assembly had passed an amendment bill in the
winter session of the assembly in September effecting almost a
two-fold hike in salaries of MLAs and Ministers. The
government has now notified the amendment bill.
An MLA, who currently gets nearly Rs 42,000 per month,
including all incentives, will get nearly Rs 82,000 while the
monthly emolument of a minister will go up to rupees one lakh
from the current Rs 55,000 a month.
As per the revision, the basic salary of MLAs has been
increased from Rs 6,000 to Rs 12,000 while the basic salary of
ministers has been hiked to Rs 20,000 from Rs 10,000 per month.
The Ministers and MLAs, who get Rs 500 per day when the
Assembly is in session, will now get a daily allowance of Rs
The house rent has been increased from current Rs 10,000
to Rs 20,000 per month while the monthly constituency
allowance has been increased to Rs 18,000 from Rs 8,000.
Conveyance allowance for MLAs has been increased from Rs
4,000 to Rs 6,000 while telephone allowance hiked to Rs 8,000
from current Rs Rs 4,000.
The MLAs will also get an annual travel allowance of Rs
50,000 instead of current Rs 35,000.
The recommendations to hike the salaries and enhance
other allowances were made by a House Committee headed by MLA
Kawar Karan Singh.
The bill was approved by the Union Home Ministry in July.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Kiren Rijiju celebrates anti-emergency day, says BJP against "dictatorship"
- Minister, 15 others killed in Somalia hotel attack
- Congress stages dharnas demanding resignation of 21 AAP MLAs
- ISIS suspect first to turn informer for British spies: Report
- Terence Lewis to financially help TV show contestants