Over two-fold hike in salaries of MLAs, ministers
New Delhi: Delhi MLAs and ministers will get
nearly double the amount of their existing salary from this
The Delhi assembly had passed an amendment bill in the
winter session of the assembly in September effecting almost a
two-fold hike in salaries of MLAs and Ministers. The
government has now notified the amendment bill.
An MLA, who currently gets nearly Rs 42,000 per month,
including all incentives, will get nearly Rs 82,000 while the
monthly emolument of a minister will go up to rupees one lakh
from the current Rs 55,000 a month.
As per the revision, the basic salary of MLAs has been
increased from Rs 6,000 to Rs 12,000 while the basic salary of
ministers has been hiked to Rs 20,000 from Rs 10,000 per month.
The Ministers and MLAs, who get Rs 500 per day when the
Assembly is in session, will now get a daily allowance of Rs
The house rent has been increased from current Rs 10,000
to Rs 20,000 per month while the monthly constituency
allowance has been increased to Rs 18,000 from Rs 8,000.
Conveyance allowance for MLAs has been increased from Rs
4,000 to Rs 6,000 while telephone allowance hiked to Rs 8,000
from current Rs Rs 4,000.
The MLAs will also get an annual travel allowance of Rs
50,000 instead of current Rs 35,000.
The recommendations to hike the salaries and enhance
other allowances were made by a House Committee headed by MLA
Kawar Karan Singh.
The bill was approved by the Union Home Ministry in July.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video