Owner of bus used in gang-rape booked
New Delhi: A case has been registered against the owner of the bus in which the 23-year-old woman was gang-raped here on December 16 night, police said on Tuesday.
Dinesh Yadav has been booked for giving false information to the state transport department to get a registration certificate and permit for the bus, which was being used for ferrying school children, police said.
"The residential proof submitted by Yadav was found false because he never resided at the mentioned address," said Deputy Commissioner of Police (North) Sindhu Pillai.
"Anant Gopal, the landlord of the property in north Delhi`s Burari, told us that Yadav never resided at his house. Yadav filed a false affidavit claiming that he was a resident of the given address," said Pillai.
Besides the bus involved in the gang-rape crime, 10 other buses were registered in the name of Dinesh Yadav, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog