Owner of bus used in gang-rape booked
New Delhi: A case has been registered against the owner of the bus in which the 23-year-old woman was gang-raped here on December 16 night, police said on Tuesday.
Dinesh Yadav has been booked for giving false information to the state transport department to get a registration certificate and permit for the bus, which was being used for ferrying school children, police said.
"The residential proof submitted by Yadav was found false because he never resided at the mentioned address," said Deputy Commissioner of Police (North) Sindhu Pillai.
"Anant Gopal, the landlord of the property in north Delhi`s Burari, told us that Yadav never resided at his house. Yadav filed a false affidavit claiming that he was a resident of the given address," said Pillai.
Besides the bus involved in the gang-rape crime, 10 other buses were registered in the name of Dinesh Yadav, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Bihar polls: Nitish's minister Kushwaha caught on camera taking bribe, suspended from party post