Owner of bus used in gang-rape booked
New Delhi: A case has been registered against the owner of the bus in which the 23-year-old woman was gang-raped here on December 16 night, police said on Tuesday.
Dinesh Yadav has been booked for giving false information to the state transport department to get a registration certificate and permit for the bus, which was being used for ferrying school children, police said.
"The residential proof submitted by Yadav was found false because he never resided at the mentioned address," said Deputy Commissioner of Police (North) Sindhu Pillai.
"Anant Gopal, the landlord of the property in north Delhi`s Burari, told us that Yadav never resided at his house. Yadav filed a false affidavit claiming that he was a resident of the given address," said Pillai.
Besides the bus involved in the gang-rape crime, 10 other buses were registered in the name of Dinesh Yadav, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?